Revic vs tricer vs other tripod

wy_will

FNG
Interested in a new tripod for glassing and shooting off of. Gonna use for binos, 82mm spotter, and my rifle. I have never needed to use a tripod standing, so a low tripod works for me just fine. Most shots I take are seated or kneeling.

Maybe there is another tripod that I should be looking at. Let me know.

OP
W

wy_will

FNG
Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, and speak with Joel our resident tripod guru. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you.
I do appreciate it and I will call. Just wanting varying opinions first.

Eric_F

FNG
Innorel / Articise tripod have been great for me. The CT70C I can shoot off standing, and it holds my heavy match gun no problem. Total weight with ball head is under 5 lb.

Since you don't care about standing, you can save a pound and use the CT75C.

OP
W

wy_will

FNG
Innorel / Articise tripod have been great for me. The CT70C I can shoot off standing, and it holds my heavy match gun no problem. Total weight with ball head is under 5 lb.

Since you don't care about standing, you can save a pound and use the CT75C.
I’ll check them out!

We have a lot of great options. Give me a call at 516-217-1000. Be sure to mention Rokslide

Joel

I have the Revic Hunter tripod. I've had it for about 6 months now and so far, I'm really impressed. I've done some shooting off of it using varying calibers and as long as you manage your recoil it holds steady.
My one issue is the weight. For backpacking it's a pig to carry around but it seems to be worth the weight. I've tried using light weight tripods and they always seem to shake no matter what. Heavier tripods are more stable.

mcseal2

WKR
I use a Slik 634 when I need standing height, a 624 when I don't. I have been happy with both. I have an Outdoorsmans pan head I use on whichever I carry, or their window mount. It's not the lightest head, but it's worked very well for me. The buddy I hunt with uses the Sirui that's lighter but I'm not a fan of the ball head compared to the pan head.

I really like the rifle rest Outdoorsmans sells too. It has 2 points of contact with the rifle for added stability without being a clamp design. I've shot deer to 400 yards sitting behind it, a caribou at over 300 yards standing with it, and a moose kneeling at a little over 300 too. It's been great for me when prone won't work.

I use a Slik 634 when I need standing height, a 624 when I don't. I have been happy with both. I have an Outdoorsmans pan head I use on whichever I carry, or their window mount. It's not the lightest head, but it's worked very well for me. The buddy I hunt with uses the Sirui that's lighter but I'm not a fan of the ball head compared to the pan head.

I really like the rifle rest Outdoorsmans sells too. It has 2 points of contact with the rifle for added stability without being a clamp design. I've shot deer to 400 yards sitting behind it, a caribou at over 300 yards standing with it, and a moose kneeling at a little over 300 too. It's been great for me when prone won't work.

Thanks for the kind words! (I'm employed at Outdoorsmans).

I think a good starting question to ask yourself is your budget. Knowing that will help narrow down a lot of the options out there. There are some great options out there at all budget ranges but filtering the good from the ugly can get a little nauseating. If you're at all interested in Outdoorsman tripods they're currently on sale. 10% off on Gen 1 tripods, and an additional 10% when you use the Rok10 discount code.

Of course, I'm biased and love my OD tripods but I honestly think you'll be impressed the first time you can get your hands on one.

OP
W

wy_will

FNG

I have been looking at Slik tripods as well. Heard nothing but good about them.

sr80

WKR
im loving the new slik 632, if you're into a shorter sitting tripod. Ive been using the outdoorsman medium for years and just recently got the 632 as a lighter option. Its obviously not going to be as durable but its very sturdy and solid feeling for a 21oz tripod.

OP
W

wy_will

FNG
Trying out 2 tripods. Might even keep them both for different purposes. I now have a slik 624 and have a tricer bc on the way.

AmmoTex

FNG
I’ve been playing with the Artcise CT80 and it’s working great…but it’s heavy, #5.9 with the Cole TAC waxed bag attached.

My Vanguard Veo 3 is only #3.6 with the same Cole TAC bag.

Just trying to find a lightweight/compact setup for hunting without breaking the bank!!

6.5x284

WKR
I’m looking forward to trying the Aziak. I have had or have a Tricer BC, Feisol 3342, Surui ST 124, Slik 624, and some others and haven’t found the perfect sub 2lb leg only tripod yet. Some come close though. Really looking forward to testing the Aziak but my LE tag this year puts an emphasis on shooting from the tripod so I won’t try the Aziak until next years sheep hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

wy_will

FNG
I’m looking forward to trying the Aziak. I have had or have a Tricer BC, Feisol 3342, Surui ST 124, Slik 624, and some others and haven’t found the perfect sub 2lb leg only tripod yet. Some come close though. Really looking forward to testing the Aziak but my LE tag this year puts an emphasis on shooting from the tripod so I won’t try the Aziak until next years sheep hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What tripod are you going to end up using this year?

Ludo

FNG
Interested in a new tripod for glassing and shooting off of. Gonna use for binos, 82mm spotter, and my rifle. I have never needed to use a tripod standing, so a low tripod works for me just fine. Most shots I take are seated or kneeling.

Maybe there is another tripod that I should be looking at. Let me know.
I'm deciding between the Tricer BC and the Revic Backpacker as well. I am still hoping someone will chime in who has experience with both of these specific tripods.. I will say, I've used the Revic Ball head, and it's very nice. Quick and easy to use and locks up tight (for a ball head).

OP
W

wy_will

FNG
I'm deciding between the Tricer BC and the Revic Backpacker as well. I am still hoping someone will chime in who has experience with both of these specific tripods.. I will say, I've used the Revic Ball head, and it's very nice. Quick and easy to use and locks up tight (for a ball head).

I would choose the Tricer. It is very sturdy. The revic seems like it is basically a rebranded Chinese tripod like a leofoto. The more research that I did, I’m happy that I went with the Tricer. I do also have a Slik 624.

Only possible downside to the Tricer is that the tunlocks are backwards since it is basically upside down tripod legs. I can splay it all of the way out and use it prone and still be fine seated. My girlfriend just used the Tricer as a rifle rest to shoot her first elk at 300 yards this last weekend.

Last edited:

Ludo

FNG
I would choose the Tricer. It is very sturdy. The revic seems like it is basically a rebranded Chinese tripod like a leofoto. The more research that I did, I’m happy that I went with the Tricer. I do also have a Slik 624.

Only possible downside to the Tricer is that the tunlocks are backwards since it is basically upside down tripod legs. I can splay it all of the way out and use it prone and still be fine seated. My girlfriend just used the Tricer as a rifle rest to shoot her first elk at 300 yards this last weekend.
I have it dialed up in my online cart as we speak. Are you using the Tricer LP head as well? That’s my next dilemma. The Revic comes with the integrated ball head and the total weight is around 2.3lbs. From what I can gather, that’s a few ounces heavier than the tricer BC w/ the LP head. I need a head that I can shoot from, not just glass. That Tricer LP. Looks THIN.