Rifle cover

I'm looking to make something similar to the solo hunter rifle cover. I wouldn't say no to just buying one if they were in stock but they use a brushed tricot water resistant fabric. Wondering if that is the best option? My fabric knowledge ends at Cordura and silnylon.
Also if the tricot is the best option does anyone have a source they have used before?
Thanks.

Try Rockywoods.com for fabric.
Not they have exactly what your looking for but I'm sure they have something that'll work.
Are you going to line it?

I'm curious what attracts you to this rifle cover... iow, what drives the need.
Hunt'nFish

Last edited:
OP
M
I'm looking for something for something to offer more protection. I have a neoprene scope cover and tape the muzzle now but with the gun strapped to the pack I'd like more cover for going through thick brush and also snow in late season hunts.
Thanks for the heads up on Rockywoods. Looks like they might have something that would work. I've struggled to find an acceptable color at other places.

I have a Kifaru rifle cover and love it. I slip it on my rifle every time I have my gun strapped to my pack to keep it clean and dry. Super light weight but really durable. I'm not too sure why they stopped making it.

Weighs 1.5oz. no access to the sling, but I mostly use it when my rifle is on my pack. If I want access to my rifle while using the cover I just hold it in my hands. Slides off really fast.

attachment.php

JP100

WKR
Ain't rifles waterproof?
I have seen these things before and thought of them as pretty pointless. scope cover makes sense but are they not just really annoying?

mt100gr.

WKR
Ain't rifles waterproof?
I have seen these things before and thought of them as pretty pointless. scope cover makes sense but are they not just really annoying?

To a point, and I certainly don't baby mine, but they definitely aren't ice proof and water takes its toll as well. I have had my bolt and magazine get iced up to the point of almost not functioning at all. It is field.fixable but if I could find a very lightweight, well made cover for when it's riding on my pack I would copy the design and make one.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Cabelas rifle glove, it is the same design as the solo hunter but its made from neoprene for added padding and protection.

Thanks,
Boswell