best rifle cover

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
To me, a buckle requires fine motor control and is a second step. It’s a poor tradeoff.

My idea is so that you rip the thing off in one action and get to shooting. Anything else doesn’t check all the boxes.

The way we make our Scope Armor, thst just goes over the scope has a pocket for the eye piece and enough over the objective so the cover won’t get pulled off without you knowing.

The flaps might get moved if only connected with a magnet, but you are dealing with tradeoffs.

I want maximum protection without any time penalty. If I can get a significant cut in the probability/possibility of getting a frozen action without interfering with the time for a shot, it’s a win.

I may try to put together something as a prototype and let you know. If you all can make it better, I am down for that. It’s really for you all that I would make it.
I am interested in your product. Maybe the 2.0 version that is a bit faster with less hang ups. Your in the right direction for sure and I appreciate your efforts.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Iv seen 2 rifles frozen shut. Both tikkas, neither had a round in the chamber. They were frozen. Those guys have rifle covers now.

We need a rifle cover that dosnt hold water and become a sponge.
Gonna work on a couple cover prototypes and one in DCF for you this weekend.

I have never seen it, I live in AZ desert and it’s in the 80s this week, lol.

But frozen rifles will happen when the temperature is freezing after there was some water. Most hunts aren’t in temperatures cold enough and most rifles aren’t going to spend the night in the cold.

I have come into the cabin in Colorado after a cold wet snow and had to dry my action. If my rifle sat outside the water would have frozen. That was the hunt that got me thinking about the cover I eventually made. The pic I have with snow on the cover on my rifle was the next year on the same hunt.

I could easily see a hunt where it goes from wet snow and daytime temps above freezing and then weather hits and the temp drops over night. It wouldn’t take much water in the right spots to freeze a bolt in an action. Or, water gets in the trigger or inside the bolt on the firing pin.

Lawnboi

WKR
Gonna work on a couple cover prototypes and one in DCF for you this weekend.

I have never seen it, I live in AZ desert and it’s in the 80s this week, lol.

But frozen rifles will happen when the temperature is freezing after there was some water. Most hunts aren’t in temperatures cold enough and most rifles aren’t going to spend the night in the cold.

I have come into the cabin in Colorado after a cold wet snow and had to dry my action. If my rifle sat outside the water would have frozen. That was the hunt that got me thinking about the cover I eventually made. The pic I have with snow on the cover on my rifle was the next year on the same hunt.

I could easily see a hunt where it goes from wet snow and daytime temps above freezing and then weather hits and the temp drops over night. It wouldn’t take much water in the right spots to freeze a bolt in an action. Or, water gets in the trigger or inside the bolt on the firing pin.
This particular situation was a rain followed by a freeze. Same happened this year, and is pretty much the reason I’m searching for a better solution. Crazy we had 20 degrees and it was still raining turning to an instant freeze on everything.

Luckily we had a wood stove to bust the actions free.

So even the hailed tikka can freeze shut. I’ll always keep a cover in my pack for these situations.

Looking forward to trying a dcf scope action cover. I find your cover to be fast enough to do one handed, versus some of the full rifle covers out there where I can take a little to get up over the suppressor.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This particular situation was a rain followed by a freeze. Same happened this year, and is pretty much the reason I’m searching for a better solution. Crazy we had 20 degrees and it was still raining turning to an instant freeze on everything.

Luckily we had a wood stove to bust the actions free.

So even the hailed tikka can freeze shut. I’ll always keep a cover in my pack for these situations.

Looking forward to trying a dcf scope action cover. I find your cover to be fast enough to do one handed, versus some of the full rifle covers out there where I can take a little to get up over the suppressor.
Yeah, I am quite happy with how easy the scopes action armor comes off. But, some need an even faster option. So, we’ll see what I come up with.

OP
2-Stix

2-Stix

WKR
Yeah, I am quite happy with how easy the scopes action armor comes off. But, some need an even faster option. So, we’ll see what I come up with.
Can you add the link to your scope cover here and the video you have in another thread we were both on?
Thanks