Rifle opinions

Hulions

FNG
Would you guys choose a Savage 110 Storm or a Tikka T3X Lite? The rifle will probably in 6.5 Creedmoor. Any help will be appreciated. Which one do you think will have the best out of the box accuracy? I've always had Remington 700's in the past but I'm looking to try something different.

Tikka every day of the week and 3x on Sunday. Savage rifles generally shoot well but feel rough and sloppy to me . Tikka actions are slick and tight as can be , accuracy is generally very good .

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tikka gets my vote I used a rem bdl 7mm for two decades bought tikka 7mm in 2003 great accurate gun with no frills still kicking and stacking for the money and accuracy tough to beat 👍 just a few it has stacked up let me down once but it was my error🥳I keep things simple and the tikka is that nothing to look at but gets the job done 👊06686B4C-B7C0-412D-AE51-1FAF3A11A820.jpeg401301EC-6B81-4902-8CDA-FCFF1C1E038A.jpeg19C67FD5-E282-4BDB-B364-EFD31430C557.jpeg7E2B06E7-45AE-4DCF-8CA2-723E5437BE69.jpeg

Last edited:

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Tikka. Got 2, one in 270 win and one in 300 wm. Hard to beat their performance for the price. The action is much nicer than any savage I’ve ever shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
Wow, thanks for the input guys. Keep the pics And info coming.

Been there and kinda done that... I have had savage 116 and a savage 16... they both shot lights out, but were ugly... put a B&C stock on it and it still shot great, but was still a little rough.

Now I have 2 Tikka T3X Superlites... I prefer the Tikka's. smoother action, great accuracy, little lighter, better stock.

Savages are great rifles and great tools... but having had both, I go tikka from now on.

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
Thanks again for all of the info guys. How much are the Tikka T3X's running?

howl

WKR
Tikka and it's not even close. Only reason to get a Savage is they put the safety in the correct spot, but then so does Browning. Browning is a much better rifle, too.

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
I also like the looks of the Browning rifles. What do you guys think about the Hells Canyon Speed. What will be the cost difference between this rifle and the Tikka?

I have a HC Speed in 30 06 and a Tikka T3 in 308. Really like them both. They both shoot great. My go to gun though is the HC Speed. Like the extra features, glass bedding, muzzle brake, stock for the minimal cost difference.

I also like the looks of the Browning rifles. What do you guys think about the Hells Canyon Speed. What will be the cost difference between this rifle and the Tikka?
I sold off my Tikka t3x to fund a Hell’s Canyon.

Lived that Tikka and if I wasn’t such a browning fan, I’d probably have kept it. It was in 6.5 cm.

Would you guys choose a Savage 110 Storm or a Tikka T3X Lite? The rifle will probably in 6.5 Creedmoor. Any help will be appreciated. Which one do you think will have the best out of the box accuracy? I've always had Remington 700's in the past but I'm looking to try something different.
I went with the Savage in 6.5 last year. The reason was with the Accutrigger, Accustock, and Accufit it came with I was able to custom the rifle to me without taking it to a gunsmith. Shoots like a dream and is a work horse.

JDM270WSM

FNG
Another vote for Tikka t3X. I own 3 of them and all shoot around 1/2" with handloads and never let me down.
Savage builds a good rifle but just can't stand the way the action feels. Either rifle will serve you well.
Just handle both and see which feels best to you.