Talk me out of a tikka

grfox92

WKR
For $129 more you can have a blued Tikka and instead of throwing the gun away when the barrel is shot out, you just spin a new one on and keep chugging.

$729 compared to $600 and what your getting for your money, it's not even close.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

For $129 more you can have a blued Tikka and instead of throwing the gun away when the barrel is shot out, you just spin a new one on and keep chugging.

$729 compared to $600 and what your getting for your money, it's not even close.

But even that’s not all true. For the $729, you’d still have to send the tikka off to get threaded. So add another $150 for that. Cerakote? I didn’t know you can’t change out the barrel on a gen 2. Most likely that would never matter anyway, but for a high volume shooter it may sway a decision.

KenLee

WKR

Personally I'd throw em both away before I'd hunt with either. Just saying they aren't comparable on price

Last edited:

KenLee

WKR
But even that’s not all true. For the $729, you’d still have to send the tikka off to get threaded. So add another $150 for that. Cerakote? I didn’t know you can’t change out the barrel on a gen 2. Most likely that would never matter anyway, but for a high volume shooter it may sway a decision.
You can't reason with Tikka fanboys. They are delusional

Reactions: BLJ
I like my tikkas, but they aren’t doing anything extra. They do have possibly the smoothest bolt in all factory rifles, and the way the safety works is nice, after that it does nothing any better than any other rifle out there.

grfox92

WKR
I don't own a Tikka but I do own a Ruger American. One is a real rifle and one is a throw away rifle. Definitely not a fan boy.

KenLee

WKR
I like my tikkas, but they aren’t doing anything extra. They do have possibly the smoothest bolt in all factory rifles, and the way the safety works is nice, after that it does nothing any better than any other rifle out there.
God meant for safeties to be on top of the tang. Anywhere else is blasphemy

IDVortex

WKR
Go above and beyond and have a nice rifle built, by either UM or even by TS Customs.

If you don't go the custom route, I like and think the seekins are smoother of a gun, or even a howa/weatherby 1500.

TBH, talk of shooting a barrel out is realistically not happening for 99% of us on here. And if you're shooting that much, I doubt you'd be buying a run of the mill Tikka.

Though if you want a good gun to start with, with the thought process down the line of using the action to build off of, they're great.

I don’t have an issue with where it is, and don’t have a preference, but I do like the fact when the safety is on, the firing on is blocked. Who else is doing that? I don’t love the fact that the bolt won’t open with the safety on, but knowing how the safety works and why the bolt won’t open, makes sense and I’m ok with it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
God also meant for all headstamps to have an H&H on them. Anything else is blasphemy. You need to brush up on your religion.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I owned an x-bolt stainless stalker 375 H&H.
Traded it on a second 45-70
Have you heard of a .300 H&H? .244 H&H? .275 H&H?

Anyway, I'll not worry about blasphemy charges from a blasphemer. :cool:

grfox92

WKR
Wow, the 'slide Tikka cult is strong enough to suck in a non-owner!!!
No I've just shot them all. I shot my first Tikka immediately after shooting 30 rounds out if my RA. It took shooting and cycling 3 rounds out of the Tikka to understand what all the fuss was about. It's not even close.. Savage 110, Howa / Weatherby are infinitely better long term factory rifles than a Ruger American.