Rifle tag----shooting my bow

So I have this crazy idea of using my rifle tags and usingy bow to hunt with. I have a unit 44 buck and cow tag and since I was unsuccessful during my archery elk hunt, I decided I wanted to carry my bow during rifle season. I really wanna put my rifle in my pack scabbard and carrying bow. That way if I do have to take a longer shot I have my rifle. I know that's cheating a little bit but withy buck tag I want that extra security incase I can't get in on my buck I've been watching. I may be crazy but I jus like the challenge with the bow.

OP
BigAntlerGetter
I'm pretty sure it is legal according to the chart you can use a bow in rifle season. But if anyone else knows for a fact let me know

OP
BigAntlerGetter
Ya I just looke on the website if you have a rifle tag you can use any legal weapon, but a muzzy tag Is muzzy only and a bow is bow only.

OP
BigAntlerGetter
2nd season tag, me, my dad, and both my brothers all drew second season buck tags, thy will all have their rifles, ill have mine to cause like I said I'm not gonna kick myself for a big buck bein to far and I couldn't get in on him. But I have a blue widow pack an got the scabbard for it, I packed my 22-250 all day Sunday, in it to see how it felt when we were rabbit hunting an it's like it's not even there. I'm glad someone else is doing the same thing all my friends think I'm crazy, there telling me I have the ability to shoot that long distance why try to get close, but I just like the rush of getting close as I can

I only hunt with a bow, I actually have not killed anything with a rifle besides coyotes in probably 6-7 years. I enjoy it much more

Sort of obvious, but still important to point out. If you're bow-stalking during rifle season, make sure you've got some decent orange on...

hflier

WKR
2nd season tag, me, my dad, and both my brothers all drew second season buck tags, thy will all have their rifles, ill have mine to cause like I said I'm not gonna kick myself for a big buck bein to far and I couldn't get in on him. But I have a blue widow pack an got the scabbard for it, I packed my 22-250 all day Sunday, in it to see how it felt when we were rabbit hunting an it's like it's not even there. I'm glad someone else is doing the same thing all my friends think I'm crazy, there telling me I have the ability to shoot that long distance why try to get close, but I just like the rush of getting close as I can

Heading to Unit 44 for 2nd rifle also next week from Oklahoma. Going to be hunting with my brother from PA.

Can't wait.