Riflescope Sunshade Yes or No?

Anyone find that a sunshade inhibits light gathering in low light conditions?

No, you have to be careful how far forward you are blocking the light though. You want enough shade to get the glare off the objective lens and your eyes; but not so much shade so as to block the light path.

That said, I did find the honeycomb ARD was causing me just enough issues yesterday with my Nightforce SHV that I took it off. Once it was off I was comfortable at that pre-dawn shooting time with the scope. So thankfully the ARD can screw in/out of the scope cap.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone find that a sunshade inhibits light gathering in low light conditions?
No issue really.

Scopes don’t “gather” light. The lenses magnify it, and actually always reduce the light because they aren’t perfectly clear.

Antares

WKR
I use a sunshade to keep rain off my objective. I’m shooting an NRL22 match on Sunday, forecast looks like rain, I’ll definitely have a sunshade on.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
You gotta have a 5-25 with a 6" sun shade honey comb insert on the end then a mesh vail to drape over you and the whole rifle otherwise are you really that cool? On a serious note I tend to leave the sunshade on 24/7 as well as a mesh vail that I keep wrapped around my hat.