Rms clicker

It’s some sort of round device held in your bow hand, based off of tension. It’s not available yet. The only info I’ve heard about it is from the latest Stickbow Chronicles podcast labeled “round table”, and they interview Tom Clum Sr. about it.

sveltri

WKR
I've been using a prototype and really like it. It does not provide the same draw length benefits that a clicker does, but in terms of its use as a psycho trigger I like much better than a clicker. It attaches to your bows riser.

Beendare

WKR
So if it doesn't have the DL benefit...why would anyone use it? Maybe I'm not picturing this right.....

Clicker is a great solution for a consistent DL and to keep expanding during his shot then let the arrow go. Clicker also tells you if you are collapsing...both critical components of a good shot process.

_______

Tartan

WKR
So if it doesn't have the DL benefit...why would anyone use it? Maybe I'm not picturing this right.....

Clicker is a great solution for a consistent DL and to keep expanding during his shot then let the arrow go. Clicker also tells you if you are collapsing...both critical components of a good shot process.

_______

It'll still act as a trigger for those troubled with target panic. It appears to be activated with increased pressure, so if run correctly it should still require increasing back tension to activate it. Obviously, there are other factors on grip pressure, hence why it seems it may not be as accurate when used as a draw check.

I haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to trying one.

Still love my limb mounted clicker though

OP
C
Out of the two clickers on the market (klickety klick or crick it)which one is the one to get?

sveltri

WKR

I use it as Tartan described. Its use as a psycho trigger really helps me with breaking up aim and release. Without the break I go straight to release as soon as the sight picture looks good. The button helps me get from aim to expansion to release.

oldgoat

WKR
I use it as Tartan described. Its use as a psycho trigger really helps me with breaking up aim and release. Without the break I go straight to release as soon as the sight picture looks good. The button helps me get from aim to expansion to release.
Same here, I don't have an issue with getting to full draw and I don't want an extra string on my bow!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll stick with a clicker that gives repeatable results time after time. You can cheat grip pressure and get a false trigger at an inconsistent draw length. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

roger that.

i'm looking forward to seeing this new mystery clicker, and i'm almost positive i'll get one to try when it comes out. if I end up shooting a limb mounted clicker better, i'll stick with that. if I can get away without putting a clicker on my hunting bow, then that will be great.... options are good.

I did prove to myself last year that I do need a psycho trigger on my hunting bow🙄

I have also heard that pulling psycho triggers aren't quite as accurate as a static psycho trigger (like a grip sear or tab sear) which makes sense.

if you have good form, and can maintain it, then a draw check isn't really needed... once you get to full draw, and your elbow is fully rotated, that's as far as things go without shoulder pulling....

I will keep my limb clicker on a light bow just for drilling form, and time will tell if I have good enough form to not benefit from a draw check, but i'll be trying Tom's new clicker when it comes out.

i'm also not trying to win high stakes tournaments, all i'm trying to do is shoot animals at close range, and a psycho trigger keeps me present in the shot, so I assume it will be good for me.

that shot separation was the problem I was having under pressure.... with an elk in front of me, it seemed like hitting my anchor was the psycho trigger, and I don't think skipping the aiming part of the shot is a good step to skip, haha.

I think it will be a really good design, because Tom is a smart guy, and has a great way of bringing accuracy to hunters in a practical way.... i'm guessing his clicker will be no different

I started running a limb mounted clicker in October, yes I changed up after season started. I put a lot of work in and killed three deer with it, one of them at about 30 yards. I saw the live broadcast Aron Snyder did where they introduced the riser mounted palm activated clicker. In my mind it works along the lines of a grip sear as increasing pressure activates it and it is felt and heard. I talked to a friend who gave me the limb mount to try, and he has been using a " handy clicker" https://yourlifecyclegear.com/introducing-the-handy-clicker/ . It is the same concept but it doesn't attach to the grip instead it loops around a finger and is held between the riser and your hand increasing pressure sets off the click.

One of the RMS guys showed me the new clicker mounted to his longbow. It was under a wrap, so I couldn't actually see it. It definitely activates with heel of the hand pressure. He told me that he was working with an adhesives engineer to get the formula right and he was still working on the packaging. Sounded like it will be ready soon. He said he really liked it and had hunted with it last season. I tried to buy one, but he wouldn't let me until the adhesive situation was finalized.

I started running a limb mounted clicker in October, yes I changed up after season started. I put a lot of work in and killed three deer with it, one of them at about 30 yards. I saw the live broadcast Aron Snyder did where they introduced the riser mounted palm activated clicker. In my mind it works along the lines of a grip sear as increasing pressure activates it and it is felt and heard. I talked to a friend who gave me the limb mount to try, and he has been using a " handy clicker" https://yourlifecyclegear.com/introducing-the-handy-clicker/ . It is the same concept but it doesn't attach to the grip instead it loops around a finger and is held between the riser and your hand increasing pressure sets off the click.
I bought a handy clicker, and liked the concept, just couldn't figure out a way to use it that I liked.... just seemed cumbersome and inconvenient to me, but a cool idea.

sveltri

WKR
The beauty of the RMS trigger, and limb mounted clickers, is that they are activated by an archery movement, grip sears and the handy clicker are not.

DanZ

FNG
As attractive as the grip sear type trigger seems (or other clickers without a rope or over-the-arrow blade), there are also big advantages to traditional clickers beyond DL.

A click that is caused by something other than expansion is not nearly as effective as trigger that is. With a clicker not tied to expansion, in high pressure situations, you can almost count on experiencing intermittent weak shots caused by micro-claps in the back half .... followed by a fake follow through. In other words, it might not feel like the same brand of target panic, but eventually you will learn to let go with your back at the same time you let go with your fingers.

If you hate the rope, it's better than nothing.

I'll be interested to see exactly how the RMS clicker functions.

I messed with one at Kalamazoo and liked the idea of it. Im excited to try one on my own bow.