Rokslide Waterfowlers?

In Cali ducks were king. I don't hunt ducks nearly as much as I would like, mostly because colorado is horrible. I sure do miss good duck hunting.

Dirtbag

WKR
Love waterfowl! its only second behind archery elk. I prefer ducks over water but will hunt any of them with any method.

Hoot

WKR
In Cali ducks were king. I don't hunt ducks nearly as much as I would like, mostly because colorado is horrible. I sure do miss good duck hunting.

All my photos, except the last two, are Colorado birds. We usually shoot between 3-500 mallards with a few bonus ducks mixed in, and 3-500 snows a year. I used to shoot a couple hundred honkers every year too, but the past few I can only bring myself to shoot a couple. I've hunted waterfowl in WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, NE, IL, TN, GA, and Saskatchewan, and CO can be just as good as anywhere I've been. Granted, it takes a lot more effort to find good spots, but there is world class fowling to be had here...

Dirtbag

WKR
All my photos, except the last two, are Colorado birds. We usually shoot between 3-500 mallards with a few bonus ducks mixed in, and 3-500 snows a year. I used to shoot a couple hundred honkers every year too, but the past few I can only bring myself to shoot a couple. I've hunted waterfowl in WA, OR, ID, MT, CO, NE, IL, TN, GA, and Saskatchewan, and CO can be just as good as anywhere I've been. Granted, it takes a lot more effort to find good spots, but there is world class fowling to be had here...

^This. I dont kill quite as many birds as you but we average a couple hundred every year. Colorado has great waterfowl if you put some time and gas money towards scouting. I hear all the time about Colorado not having good hunting but its mostly from people who sit on the south Platte twice a year and expect to shoot limits without putting out any effort.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I used to do a lot of it. Even did competition duck and goose calling for fun. Pro-Staffed for a call maker and hunting product manufacturer for a while. Gave it up for the kids. Too much time from home. My first love is and will always be big game hunting but I still love chasing ducks and geese as well

I do more waterfowl hunting than I do big game simply because the season runs through January here. Not much else to do after September archery seasons close. We go on a few rifle hunts in October sometimes, but it's mostly waterfowl in the winter.

The "Big Game" of the marsh...

swan1.jpg

IMG_41271.jpg

josh-tucknov52011.jpg

Flocked decoys. The decoys are GH Gear decoys that I had flocked and painted at Body Language Decoys (Don and Caleb Mintz).

IMG_0729_zpsa3cc3399.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsf67eb306.jpg

11-5-11.jpg

opener-tuck.jpg

tuck-blind.jpg

That's a start for pictures. I've got dozens more!

Very sweet deks.

I use to hunt waterfowl a lot more than I do now. Time, money and too many people have gotten me out of it. I hunt in NE Iowa along the Mississippi River and in Illinois. I might try to get out more this year, if all the Duck Dynasty wanab's have figured out that it is harder than it looks.

I keep shooting my old 870. I can abuse the crap out of it and it keeps shooting. It is fun watching guys with $1000+ guns working on them in the marsh as I am shooting ducks.

B Brown

FNG
8urq8sRNqyFNAB-r6qVq9fPPPYlBFstCEvR5iAlZkbI.jpg
K7TN0zt3k3QvyFG3sJC5Mhux6exiMZjzA8mHS7Mhaqw.jpg
I hunt in the saltwater marshes of Long Island. It was my introduction to hunting and my first outdoor passion. I look forward to the day I can introduce my two boys to the sport.

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
Is Focker using a Karelian Bear Dog as a retriever?

Haha not quite. He's part pit, part Australian shepherd. He was a gift for my girlfriend and I threw a few training sessions at him and he picked them up surprisingly well. We have been hitting the mountains in the fall and the wetlands in the winter for 3 years now. Best hunting partner I've ever had.