Rokslide Waterfowlers?

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
We chase waterfowl all season long here and there is nothing I love more. The cold early mornings, hiking in with the gear, the predawn anticipation, it's addictive! Never had much success with the geese around here but the cranes and ducks never get a break. Not much out there that beats hearing the first cranes calling in the morning or those early ducks whistling overhead. Can't wait for teal season! View attachment 17847 View attachment 17848View attachment 17849

Mark

WKR
These are cool pics of the dogs at hunt tests a few years back...

coopercropped.jpg

tuckersplashcropped.jpg

mollywderekcropped.jpg

mollynaked.jpg

mtmiller

WKR
I thought Havre was brutal cold? Looks like stellar weather. Nicely Green'd heads and autumn orange. I'd take it

Jesse, It does get pretty damn cold around here (hit -40F once this last winter). My duck season is pretty much the first three weeks in October and then I put away the shotgun and pick up the rifle.

hawkhunts

FNG
I'm writing this from our blind right now, early teal and goose season and am getting bombarded by woodies. It won't be long and them old honkers will start rolling in for the night.
Even if they don't, smoking a cigar and watching the woodies put on a show beats the hell out of the couch!

Could have done better but ill take 6 geese on our early season opener. Also had a herd of elk come through the spread and go for a swim. I never had that happen before so it was a cool experience.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 21
I'm a big time waterfowl guy, but just moving to Boise put the damper on waterfowl hunting for a couple years. Today was Michigan's early season opener. First one I've missed in awhile. I should get some hunting in on the Columbia with a buddy in Washington state. So I'm looking forward to that.

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big time waterfowl guy, but just moving to Boise put the damper on waterfowl hunting for a couple years. Today was Michigan's early season opener. First one I've missed in awhile. I should get some hunting in on the Columbia with a buddy in Washington state. So I'm looking forward to that.

You will like the waterfowl hunting in Boise, the Snake can be a very productive river. I am sure as with any area there will be a learning curve but the few times I have hunted it, it has always produced birds. Nice part about that area is you never know whats coming in next, woodies, mallards, gadwall, teal, wigeon, cans, reds. A true mixed bag environment. You ever make it down to northern Utah and I will show you around the marshes of the Great Salt Lake. Good luck in Boise.

I've never heard anyone complain about the waterfowling along the Snake. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

The John

Lil-Rokslider
Not too much longer.... I am really excited. Hopefully we get better weather than last year (at least in OR).

Love the swan pics, wish we could bag those here...

I only have one pic from last season handy...
View attachment 18686

Good luck to everybody this season!