Rokslide Welcomes Kryptek Clothing!

dotman

WKR
Calif, do a search there are already enough!

Can't beat a dead horse enough Ryan :). Calif, I agree do a search no reason to start it all over again, heck do it under my name I'm in them all, lol. I'm the number 1 offender.

thinkin i might swoop up those olive valhalla pants and address them to me from santa ;)
hows the fit on these? should i order my nomal size?
im 6' 185lbs, usually wear a 34x32

dotman

WKR
Wish we could get some comparison reviews, or did I miss them? I'm really liking the olive!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have something in the works, but wanted to get the 2013 line in the mix....

In the middle of testing it now (4th trip out), so I'll have something soon!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would order the Valhalla if you want the olive, but the 2013 line is pretty amazing.

The Alios pant is what I'm digging with a shovel (for 2013).

They have a hybrid merino/puffy that kicks ass too. It's called the Borealis, and it's at the top of my list as well. It's insulated in the front, but has merino wool on the back and arms. Great for hiking with a backpack on.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 2013 Alias is slightly thinner than the attack, but offer more stretch.

The attack has a better DWR, without a doubt.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Alios, Vahalla, Borealis.....really how can we keep it all straight. :D

But i do really like my Kryptek rain gear thus far. Only a week of use in it, but so far so good. Not light even to replace it for most of my long backpacking trips so I'll stick with Kuiu.

Of course at 17 oz for the Chugach jacket I'll be using a GoLite rain jacket this summer for my scouting/backpacking trips.

swat8888

WKR
Let me know how that golite jacket holds up. I picked up the Malpais this offseason, and already took the Tumalo pants out last year. didn't rain enough in the brooks to determine effectiveness. Probably not a great idea to haul that flimsy stuff around some ranges but at 14oz for my entire raingear I'm going to give it a shot.

Im liking those olive valhalla pangt but I hope the belt buckle is a price misprint ;) http://www.kryptekstore.com/Kryptek-Belt-Buckle-P9.aspx

Could've been a limited run by Montana Silver Smith...??? :)

Luke,
I just got my GF the 12 oz Golite Current Mountain Paclite rain jacket for Christmas. The fit and finish looks to be good so far and I really like the extra long pit-zips on it with dual opening zippers... Not sure I'd trust it to Class 5 Alder Crashing though for $75 its hard to beat. I'm debating on whether I want to pickup the Chugach for this next year or a GoLite piece. The Kryptek gear is super nice and by all reports their outer layer jacket is quiet, bombproof, warm, and sheds rain like a champ, but at 30+ oz I'm not sure I can pull the trigger. I got a pretty good layering system going and really just need a wind/waterproof exterior layer to add on top of my spindrift, Tundra pullover, Merino Top.

Mike

sodak

FNG
The local Cabelas moved all of their Kryptek rain pants to the bargan cave. $99