RokStok

Macintosh

WKR
No way in hx!! would I buy a sendero inlet for a light barrel on a hunting gun. Tried it, it didnt just get crap in there, it got BRANCHES in there, big enough they didnt want to break off the tree. Not to mention every twig, pine needle, leaf and who know what else—it was a total junk show. Never again. Works fine on a range gun or if you live somewhere without trees. I dont need or want a “like it grew there” fit (edit: a standard “sporter” inlet that fit most aftermarket sporter barrels including the oem lite with a reasonably close fit would be fine), but if the only option were something as gaping wide as a lite barrel in a proof sendero inlet that’d be a no-go for me. Isnt it supposed to be a stiff stock anyway? It sure as heck should be stiff enough that a more or less standard gap doesnt cause point of impact issues.

Last edited:
I don't give many shits between the 2 prior discussed contour inlets (3b and proof sendero) because it is very unlikely that I'd use a carbon barrel and or something as heavy as a 3b for that matter in a hunting rifle. I would have probably ordered a 3b inlet but proof sendero is fine too.

I would definitely vote against inletting for the factory lite contour though because basically anything but a custom aftermarket clone of the lite contour (which is currently uncommon) is going to be too big for that channel.

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
I’m in for a sendero contour as I have a carbon barrel (gasp) on order for my current Tikka build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I tend to prefer a narrower gap aesthetically, I can't help but be a little amused, especially considering how many people run chassis these days. A chassis rifle always has a large gap, and few are bothered. Given me function over form.

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
Sendero or something similarly sized, nothing about this stock should be decided based off what’s going to look nice if it has any potential to compromise function

Clarktar

WKR
Definitely, we will have an inlet that covers Ace Sporter #3, Bartlein 3B, Benchmark #5, and Krieger #5. These are all generally the same inlet.
Curious why 3B over 2B. I use a bartlein 2b contour that I cut down to 16 inches. Cutting it down gave me the muzzle diameter I needed for threading and surpressor and the length is, well, short!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tullis94

WKR
I like a inlet in the 3b range. It usually gives me good clearance for the size of barrels I like. It would look pretty decent with a factory contour as well.