RokStok

aron

WKR
I'm most excited for a stock so the oldest can trade in the nerf gun. She loves the outdoors and want to get her out shooting soon.

I already ordered her a set of UM Tikka rings for Christmas and would be a good excuse to also get her a Tikka .223 for the new Rokstock.
cf2200a541671c4f62c848772d8bec5f.jpg
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/656a8734c8be8/20231125_193556_001.mp4

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

So I built a stock a lot like this and had a question for @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery @Unknown Munitions :
My stock is pretty similar; much shorter than standard trigger reach, comb >1” above bore, vertical grip, (almost) parallel toe line, and negatively sloped comb (although less than the rokstock).

I have an older 3-15 Nikon scope on it, and although the eye relief difference at low vs high power is only listed as 0.4” (3.5-3.9) it feels larger than that. I’m finding that with the negative sloping comb my cheek weld is quite different when on 3x in the woods vs. 15x shooting longer range. At 15x I have to push my head closer to the scope, meaning the stock is lower on my cheekbone. At 3x my head is further back, and my check is pushed harder into the comb.

With this even more sloped comb, I would imagine this effect would be even worse, and maybe more so with higher magnification times scopes. Have you found that to be true? Any comments on how the different check weld affects accuracy at different magnification?

Other than that this thing shoots great though, easy to spot shots, recoil feels less, rides a bag really well - overall I’m really happy with it. I would imagine the rokstock will be a big success.

BCF92CD5-DA22-48D4-B0B5-4E91EFF3EFB8.jpeg

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So I built a stock a lot like this and had a question for @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery @Unknown Munitions :
My stock is pretty similar; much shorter than standard trigger reach, comb >1” above bore, vertical grip, (almost) parallel toe line, and negatively sloped comb (although less than the rokstock).

I have an older 3-15 Nikon scope on it, and although the eye relief difference at low vs high power is only listed as 0.4” (3.5-3.9) it feels larger than that. I’m finding that with the negative sloping comb my cheek weld is quite different when on 3x in the woods vs. 15x shooting longer range. At 15x I have to push my head closer to the scope, meaning the stock is lower on my cheekbone. At 3x my head is further back, and my check is pushed harder into the comb.

View attachment 635298

My guess would be because of how flat your cheekpiece/comb is.

IMG_4665.jpeg

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Smears are super cool. I never had one, might have chased one harder if they weren't shaped like you always have someone else to spot shots for you.

I have some nostalgia/appreciation for the past, but I never seem to vote that way with my wallet.

Smears are super cool. I never had one, might have chased one harder if they weren't shaped like you always have someone else to spot shots for you.

I have some nostalgia/appreciation for the past, but I never seem to vote that way with my wallet.

These stocks have history for sure. Dick Davis charged us 200$ for them with the bottom metal and Wichita swivels. It was an easy vote with the wallet back then. 😂

With this even more sloped comb, I would imagine this effect would be even worse, and maybe more so with higher magnification times scopes. Have you found that to be true? Any comments on how the different check weld affects accuracy at different magnification?

Other than that this thing shoots great though, easy to spot shots, recoil feels less, rides a bag really well - overall I’m really happy with it. I would imagine the rokstock will be a big success.

View attachment 635298

I would guess the effect would be even more pronounced since the rokstock comb has a steeper angle

I hear ya, but back in the the day dick Davis sold us these for 200$ and that was an easy vote with the wallet. 😂

Here's my 3. Top one went to someone else.Screenshot_20231201-211742_Photos.jpg

This one is a #7 contour 22" 1-8"tw 223ai. Badger steel rail/rings, swfa 6x. It's a fun rifle.

Screenshot_20231201-212341_Photos.jpg

Brazo264

FNG
MCM%20A1-3camo-rhino_x1000.jpg

I would pay extra for this color, and I don't care about color usually. I don't think it's Mcm. Rhino. Rhino is lt grey, dk grey, & white. I like the black/grey/white.
My favorite McMillan pattern is anything mcswirly marble, but specifically a black base with light gray and white swirled in. Looks great with black metal or stainless. Just like the above in color but different pattern I guess. The carbon fiber would already provide the black base.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
I hear ya, but back in the the day dick Davis sold us these for 200$ and that was an easy vote with the wallet. 😂

Here's my 3. Top one went to someone else.View attachment 635357

This one is a #7 contour 22" 1-8"tw 223ai. Badger steel rail/rings, swfa 6x. It's a fun rifle.

View attachment 635358
For $200 they were a steal, I remember the frenzy. Didn't get in on the initial batch, and as I'm sure you recall, they started going for 3x-5x the initial asking price almost immediately.

A heavy 223 would be a great choice for one, as it'd still be easy to drive and spot shots.

Fowl Play

WKR
All you guys posting camo and I’m just thinking how sick this would be with that fin…

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 151

ElPollo

WKR
View attachment 635164

The first printed Rokstok is on it's way for fondling.

@Stockys @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus
I really want one in the event a hockey match spontaneously breaks out while I’m hunting.

Seriously, I do look forward to trying one of these out and I seriously appreciate Ryan, Form, Jake, and Stocky’s for putting this together. It’s not often that people in this industry take a chance on something that is really outside the box.