RokStok

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It does work, but it is not a commercial item.
Oh I didn't expect it was, looks like a layer of heat resistant material and shock cord. If so do you mind stating which material (carbon felt?) and if its shock cord how long does it hold up in terms of shot strings? IE I'm sure if you heat up the heat resistant material too much the shock cord starts to overheat and in that case I'm guessing it looses elasticity prior to melting? Edit: or maybe kevlar cord?

I'm asking cause I just got my first can and noticed the mirage after a bit but don't really care for the bulky covers on the market and just want something simple like that.

atmat

WKR
Oh I didn't expect it was, looks like a layer of heat resistant material and shock cord. If so do you mind stating which material (carbon felt?) and if its shock cord how long does it hold up in terms of shot strings? IE I'm sure if you heat up the heat resistant material too much the shock cord starts to overheat and in that case I'm guessing it looses elasticity prior to melting? Edit: or maybe kevlar cord?

I'm asking cause I just got my first can and noticed the mirage after a bit but don't really care for the bulky covers on the market and just want something simple like that.
Have you looked into Armageddon Gear? They’re not bad

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
MCM%20A1-3camo-rhino_x1000.jpg

I would pay extra for this color, and I don't care about color usually. I don't think it's Mcm. Rhino. Rhino is lt grey, dk grey, & white. I like the black/grey/white.
We can duplicate this in our Cerakote shop and custom cerakote will be an option on Rokstok.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If we are throwing camo pattern ideas around I think Relv Moab is the best out there at the moment. In fact @Unknown Munitions if you have the capacity to add it as an option, I have a VG2 to send you as soon as the rifle season ends here in TX.

Its a topo of Moab, UT in browns, green & black.
311406972_409850847986136_8211267169221650295_n.jpg
We can basically do any pattern

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Unknown Munitions

Are you going to post the pictures of the finished product (green/gold), so we can all pick which flavor of gaudiness we want when the preorder goes live?
Unfortunately, we will not have stocks done when the pre order goes live. The pre order really is to determine how many molds we need to make to keep the hungry Roksliders satiated.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m holding onto the assumption that the guy whose spent a unmeasurable amount of time throwing scopes on the ground for us is going to function check the stock first so I’m not terribly concerned it will be ok.

Though I imagine different skeletal structures will change things and could see how a jaw weld preference may not work out with such an aggressive design
He insisted on shooting the 3D printed one without any regard for bodily injury against manufacturer recommendations. It WILL be tested

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This stock is not just for long range. I mainly shoot things at closer ranges, and my RokStok extreme negative comb mock-up really tightens things up offhand. If the forestock on the RokStok is not so wide as to be uncomfortable hand carrying, I suspect it will work equally well shooting antelope on the plains or hunting whitetails in thick timber.
It will be perfectly rounded in the forend hand.

TX_Diver

WKR
Unfortunately, we will not have stocks done when the pre order goes live. The pre order really is to determine how many molds we need to make to keep the hungry Roksliders satiated.
After all this (or during) I’d be interested in hearing about how all this came together logistically, timelines, etc. from a manufacturing perspective. My limited composite work experience makes it seem like this will be a feat to pull off within the timelines targeted!

After thinking for a few days I still don’t have anything extremely clever to post on why I’m more excited than everyone else and therefore should receive a free rokstock, but I want to Throw my name in the hat anyways.

I’m excited for the rokstock as it appears to be a stock purpose built for hunting scenarios. It’s light, oriented towards field positions, and made in the USA. Not to mention the excitement is contagious from this thread (I’m also excited to not have to keep checking this thread for presale info!!!)

The whole process from idea to production has been cool to watch and if pulled off even close to the targeted timelines (which the project appears on track to be) will be a major accomplishment.

I don’t have the experience that form, Ryan, or others have, But have been trying a lot of the tips and techniques posted on this site and so far the group has delivered. I have to imagine this stock project will be a success and live up to the hype so I’m excited to try it.

Edit - I also sold my current stock before the pre-sale even started in order to help fund one if that counts for any bonus points 🤣 So now I really need one because shooting a barreled action would suck!

Last edited: