RokStok

Ok, so why is 12 better than 3?
I don't really care? I don't have skin in this game. I have not ordered one. I've just been watching this thread because it has been entertaining and I remember seeing 12* mentioned. But if it works at 12* then it works at 12*. Why does it matter that it's not 3*?

BBob

WKR
Because this stock is above boreline. Others with negative comb are not
@SDHNTR be aware of this detail.

So if any of you haven’t figured this out (stock above boreline) or forgot about it, you’re not cleaning your rifle (barrel bore) while it’s in the stock unless you do it from the muzzle or pull it from the stock. Your other option is to follow the no clean routine :)

Edit: or use a pull through cleaning system.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
I don't really care? I don't have skin in this game. I have not ordered one. I've just been watching this thread because it has been entertaining and I remember seeing 12* mentioned. But if it works at 12* then it works at 12*. Why does it matter that it's not 3*?
I know a lot of thought and research went in to this stock. That’s why I’m asking. I’d have to think the reasoning behind that much negative slope was something more rooted in empirical data and/or functional logic than just some “more is better” theory. Or some simple thought that the market wouldn’t support 12 deg a few years ago and it will now.

These guys aren’t Bubbas and seem rather scientific. They don’t do things just because. Logic dictates their preferences. My brain works the same way, and that’s what I’m trying to understand. Why is 12 degrees the functional sweet spot? Where is the point of diminishing returns?

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
These guys seem more scientific than that. And that’s what I’m trying to understand. Why is 12 degrees the functional sweet spot? Where is the point of diminishing returns?
Because they tested multiple iterations of the thing. They had more angle to start with but backed off until it worked for a number of shooters. The evolution of this is in the thread if you were following along.

@SDHNTR be aware of this detail.

So if any of you haven’t figured this out (stock above boreline) or forgot about it, you’re not cleaning your rifle (barrel bore) while it’s in the stock unless you do it from the muzzle or pull it from the stock. Your other option is to follow the no clean routine :)

Bore snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SDHNTR

WKR
Because they tested multiple iterations of the thing. They had more angle to start with but backed off until it worked for a number of shooters. The evolution of this is in the thread if you were following along.
Sorry, ADD, I can’t read 2000 posts.

BjornF16

WKR
@SDHUNTER

Look at the post below (#2013?). They’ve gone through a couple of iterations to find the best balance.

Just select search, limit the search to this thread, and search in Form’s posts

Edit:
IMG_1436.png

IMG_1437.png

Fowl Play

WKR
I know a lot of thought and research went in to this stock. That’s why I’m asking. I’d have to think the reasoning behind that much negative slope was something more rooted in empirical data and/or functional logic than just some “more is better” theory. Or some simple thought that the market wouldn’t support 12 deg a few years ago and it will now.

These guys aren’t Bubbas and seem rather scientific. They don’t do things just because. Logic dictates their preferences. My brain works the same way, and that’s what I’m trying to understand. Why is 12 degrees the functional sweet spot? Where is the point of diminishing returns?
The continuation of the negative comb is just to get the buttpad above bore line to help prevent muzzle rise — although believe this is only fully realized during prone shooting when your shoulder engages that part of the stock. The hyper aggressive shark fin at the beginning was just to get more above bore line. Sounds like they had to back off a tad as it was not conducive for as many body/face shapes.

SDHNTR

WKR
@SDHUNTER

Look at the post below (#2013?). They’ve gone through a couple of iterations to find the best balance.

Just select search, limit the search to this thread, and search in Form’s posts

Edit:
View attachment 646581

View attachment 646582
Post 2013 is talking about toe angle. I understand that completely. I’m talking about the extreme comb angle and I’ve yet to see a logical explanation.

This is turning into too much back-and-forth and only adding to the chaos of a 2000+ post thread. Everyone can disregard, and I will ask Form directly via PM. It seems I am the only one who really cares about this particular matter anyways.

TheCougar

WKR
What tripod head? I’ve been using a 2” pic rail in front of the magwell with my RRS clamp instead of an arca plate. Couldn’t get on board with the arca sticking out.
holy crap. Why have I never thought of this?!? Probably more easier to hand carry too and it doesn’t slide under recoil.

holy crap. Why have I never thought of this?!? Probably more easier to hand carry too and it doesn’t slide under recoil.
image.jpgimage.jpg

I’m still not 100% sold on the tripod shooting in general but this is definitely working well as an attachment point.

snopro176

WKR
The binos was pretty funny.
Or beanos as @Unknown Munitions calls them
This is what I picture every time he says it..
7d047ec2c9e59c88d97abe95a0f78a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk