RokStok

Dobermann

WKR
I found these discussed on the Hide. Is there a good source for info, other than reading through the threads over there?

Do you use the Answer?

Askin for a friend
The best (only) info is Marc's post and the relevant thread.

I have the Answer and the Compromise.

The main difference between these and other bags is that they're narrower, so more controllable, and not overfilled, so the butt can sit down into them, and you can control the rear height somewhat.

I get the point that Form is making in general. I think we can also probably agree that while a lot of things can be made to work, if you're trying to do things in a certain way, then certain designs might be more optimal (such as the Rokstok itself).

fwafwow

WKR
It does not take some special magical rear bag.
What what?! This is a thread about a special magical stock in which people argued over fractions of an inch, rail options and flush cup positions! I personally researched color options for my RokStok. Twice! And I’m going be using that special magical stock to replace a factory stock that is perfectly capable. So while we don’t need a special magical bag, or a special magical stock, both might help some of us as stepping stones to shooting off a bag of wrenches.

And my New Year’s resolution for no new gear doesn’t start for a few more days.

I ordered mine today to drop my t3x lite into. Does anyone know how much clearance the barrel channels have? Did I get waaaaaaaay to much by just checking the proof sendero/m24 channel?
I don’t think so, I got the same. All you need is a Craigslist wanted add for cats…. Dead or alive

Well, as long as you don’t live within 50 miles of me… these cats are mine

sveltri

WKR
There are plenty of mistakes in that video.
That may be the case, but I thought it was pretty insightful. I’ve been focused on hunting with a longbow for the last decade despite growing up rifle hunting. The hunting I did as a kid pales in comparison to what guys on here are doing now. That looked like an awesome drill and I thought man I have some things to work on.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
But… what if I had a stuff sack filled with dollars?
As long as it’s $1 bills you’d also be ready for the after hunt party. Just when I think a rear bag is just a rear bag someone comes along and totally reinvents the rear bag. It’s now a Gun rest, pillow, seat, and make it rain bag.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What what?! This is a thread about a special magical stock in which people argued over fractions of an inch, rail options and flush cup positions! I personally researched color options for my RokStok. Twice! And I’m going be using that special magical stock to replace a factory stock that is perfectly capable. So while we don’t need a special magical bag, or a special magical stock, both might help some of us as stepping stones to shooting off a bag of wrenches.

Kind of. The difference is that there is an immediate and observable difference with a correctly designed stock, and it is on the gun- that means no matter the shot it is benefiting to it. But, to your point, I don’t believe you could find a post of me suggesting people replace a factory T3 stock for anything else instead of ammo. If you are going to replace the stock, pick the best available. Similarly, if you are going to buy a new bag, pick the best available. Taylor’s rear bag from the article looks like a good design.

A better designed stock can help your shooting perforce, but isn’t a requirement to make shots.

A better designed rear bag can help your shooting performance, but isn’t a requirement to make shots.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like we’re dreadfully close to someone asking for the bag to be built into the next Rokstok. No wait, can’t happen cause that would only be one piece of gear. Must look like I’m ready to survive for a month in the wilderness every time I set foot in the woods.

BBob

WKR
Your post suggests even more reasons to read up. Here's the direct link: https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/the-taylor-was-here-rear-bag/
I carry and use a TAB Gear bag which looks to be basically the same as that bag. That and a pint can are pretty versatile. I’ve been carrying and shooting off these two for quite a number of years now.
IMG_2406.jpeg
I made these guys 35-40 years ago and they still go to the range in my bag bin every trip. Shot bags filled with leftover used corn cob cleaning media. I used to carry these into the field. I shot a number of Coues bucks off of them over the years.
IMG_2407.jpeg

Last edited: