RokStok

Dobermann

WKR
Well I’m in. I’m reluctant to jump in the first of anything anymore but the podcast pushed me over the edge, along with seeing how the rings were handled I’m sure It will end up good.
Your posts here over the years have shown you to be a man of discernment, thinking, hard work, and self-critique ... I'm sure you'll be GTG on this ... :)

lintond

WKR
Would there be any benefit in using something like a triggercam to get video that actually shows the reduction in recoil vs other stocks?

I was thinking the same thing would be cool to compare my own stocks but unfortunately they are on different platforms and I don’t have a triggercam. Maybe UM has enough on hand to drop the same setup into a couple different stocks and shoot with same shooter to show the differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Rokslide and UM Newsletters rolling out next week. Once we get a real stock in hand @Formidilosus will start a video series locked thread called "Why Rokstok" to go over all the features and of course debunk all the myths that have come up on this thread and others about stocks.

If we're in the 1st 50 purchasers, do we get an unedited face reveal of @Formidilosus?

85zero17

FNG
Is it assumed just remove the stock in order to clean.

not looking for the to clean or not to clean debate…just sayin

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Any word on fitting rem 700 footprint actions with trigger hangers or will we need to open up space ourselves?

BBob

WKR
Flexible carbon rods will probably be able to clean just fine.
Imma gonna bore a hole straight through the butt and insert a carbon tube so I can clean with a long rod. Kidding aside I will be looking at this option for sure as soon as one is in my hands. I’ve also talked to a stock modifier on another option I have in mind if the tube doesn’t pan out.

Step 1: don’t clean your rifle except for wiping the bolt

Step 2: if you ignore step 1, just use a pull through boresnake and repeat step 1

ROKSTOK UPDATE 12/27/2023

- The Rokstok will be at SHOT show in @Stockys booth for you to fondle
- We had to cancel the LE Gold color due to carbon issues, only 9 stocks were purchased in that color and I have notified all of those individual customers directly and offered them free Cerakote or LE Green color. No you other guys cannot have free Cerakote.
- The first Tikka Railed mold will be delivered to Stockys this week, then we should have the first stock to test in a couple weeks. We will keep all of you involved in @Formidilosus rigorous testing regiment.
- The pre sale has went well, newsletters are going out next week then we may have to shut the pre sale down until all orders are filled.
- The target is to fill all initial pre orders by end of March 2024 and at some point have stocks in stock.
- Nearly 90% of all stocks sold so far are Tikka!!!!
- Rail stats: None 18%, Picatinny 12%, Arca 12%, Arca/Pic 38%, Spartan/Pic 20%

90% Tikka! Figured that was how it'd go so I ordered my first one for a 700. Figured I'd get it quicker with a shorter line 😂

The 18% no rail.....if THAT would have been an option for the 700 I'd have picked it. I don't want any rail, or scallop, up front at all but picked the arca/Pic because I had to pick something 😂

Finished the podcast tonight while headed out of town for work and have to say it was great. Answered lots of questions, and gave good insight on the stock.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes!

The bit about wood being a future option was a highlight.

As was @PNWGATOR as a late special guest ... he's even more eloquent in person than online!

And I especially loved that early on, Form somewhat played down how different this stock is, but PNWGATOR simply called it as a game changer.

I'm not quite sure this is the same person that I know of as PNWGATOR. "Eloquent?"
Hmmmm......🤔

But, great podcast.

Randy