Rubber the next item you cant get

I just bought a house and some land with over 500 used tires littering the place LOL. I am paying to get rid of them and I can’t legally transport more than (9) at a time ha ha

I’ll tell my wife we are about to be rich...

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I will need new truck tires before hunting season.Trying to figure out what to do and when to do it involves a lot more energy than I like to spend on things like tires. I am going to drink several beers tomorrow while I think about it and see if I have an enlightened moment.

Come on over, friend. I just restocked the beer fridge

Fatcamp

WKR
I just bought a house and some land with over 500 used tires littering the place LOL. I am paying to get rid of them and I can’t legally transport more than (9) at a time ha ha

I’ll tell my wife we are about to be rich...

Where and why?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Furthermore, I hate hysteria creating comments that serve no purpose.
Hysteria creating? If his comments cause anyone to become hysterical over them, then there's a whole bunch of people that should probably explore anxiety drugs. Of course then the next item that will be in short supply will be Xanax.

I look at his comments as a simple public service announcement.

Where and why?
The previous occupant of the house apparently raised pitbulls or husky dogs and probably cooked meth. The perimeter of the property (fenced with chain link) had used tires lining the fence line to keep the dogs from digging out. The guy was a tow truck driver...

Fatcamp

WKR
The previous occupant of the house apparently raised pitbulls or husky dogs and probably cooked meth. The perimeter of the property (fenced with chain link) had used tires lining the fence line to keep the dogs from digging out. The guy was a tow truck driver...

But why can you only haul nine?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In commiefornia you can only haul up to 9 tires without being a registered tire waste hauler.

The state is trying to cut down on illegal dumping
That's like legislating that you can only carry 9 rounds of ammo because they're trying to cut down on illegal shootings.......LOL. Carrying and dumping and/or shooting are totally different things. Only people that carry 10 or more tires dump them illegally I guess. SMH Those liberal states sure do struggle with logic.

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
That's like legislating that you can only carry 9 rounds of ammo because they're trying to cut down on illegal shootings.......LOL. Carrying and dumping and/or shooting are totally different things. Only people that carry 10 or more tires dump them illegally I guess. SMH Those liberal states sure do struggle with logic.
Yeah, we can start a whole new forum on the problems with this state, and the future of this country now that the libs have control.

it’s just a way to create government jobs for the people who can’t do anything else

I’m kinda confused how consumer hysteria is to blame for supply shortages. When it’s lack of producing by humans causing the shortages. The whole world has gone bonkers.

Fatcamp

WKR
I’m kinda confused how consumer hysteria is to blame for supply shortages. When it’s lack of producing by humans causing the shortages. The whole world has gone bonkers.

Toilet paper? Ammunition? Canning supplies? All faced shortages in the last year that had nothing to do with production issues.

Toilet paper? Ammunition? Canning supplies? All faced shortages in the last year that had nothing to do with production issues.
I’m not being a wise guy. And, I don’t think you were either. But, if all we ever did was look at the immediate situation, we’d miss out on opportunity’s.

Loaded Ammo has Been scarce for at least a decade. Meaning demand and supply has traded places multiple times. But, supply has never reached pre Obama status. And, it never will as long as the political climate towards gun ownership goes away. Producers have/did state that they can’t keep up with upticks in demand. And, nothings changed except more demand.

I don’t blame ammo makers. Because who’s going to invest with such an unclear future? I don’t blame consumers either. What rational human wouldn’t buy what they’ve needed when given the chance. In such uncertain supply? So, it’d be easy to say consumers are causing the shortage. But, in reality, its the unwillingness to invest in manufacturing to increase supply that’s causing shortages.

It’s been that way for 30 years. As component costs have sky rocketed as well. Brass for casings, copper, etc has increased in demand. For all entity’s. Not just ammo makers. As world economies develop, this is only going to get worse too. So, we can blame consumers. But, that isn’t the issue.

Toilet paper, I can’t argue. Dumbest thing I’ve ever saw.

Canning supplies are very easy to find. And, never were hard to find as far as I’m concerned. Spend 5 minutes on eBay. Much cheaper then local sellers too. I bought 400 wide mouth and standard size seals a piece. For less then $75 delivered to my home. This was 6 months ago. I’ve bought 200 rings for both sizes. Salt, and added another 60 American made jars to my supplies. All in the last year. And, all noticeably cheaper then buying off local vendors pre pandemic.

I imagine the side you stand on is regional. I also imagine it has to do with ones willingness to admit if they’ve considered reality as it’s changed and, prepared accordingly. I’m in the second camp. And, have only noticed that since it’s become popular to pay producers to stay home, it’s gotten a lot harder to buy a lot of things since their is no incentive to move on with life in a lot of people.

The fear of this virus is severely affecting the whole worlds supply of produced goods. And, it’s just starting to hit home.