Sad day

Toney198

FNG
fire.jpg

Well my 10 year old finally had a really nice shooter on camera. He came to me crying yesterday with this picture. I had 2 more fire pictures before the camera stopped. I can only assume the camera, feeder electronics and fiberglass blind we saved up for year is gone. I hate it for the little guy.

OP
T

Toney198

FNG
He is a straight A student and about to get his Gray/Black belt BJJ and is currently working his tail off at football in the 110deg heat. Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent to like minded people.

rcb2000

WKR
Sorry to hear that, maybe a good opportunity to teach him a life lesson.

I had a boss once tell me, in situations where everything is going wrong, ask yourself, “okay, well what CAN I do?”

More often than not you’ll find there’s ALWAYS something you can do.
Can you go back and build a brush blind?
Can you still hunt this year?

wytx

WKR
Sorry about that, hoping no homes are getting torched.
Maybe you'll find some of your stuff ok, I hope anyway.

OP
T

Toney198

FNG
We will figure something out, he will get another lesson in how to hunt in the cold without youtube. These deer here see any kind of movement and they are gone! I will try to brush in the stand base if we can still see the feeder pen through the mesquites. Takes away bow season, but maybe rifle will work out. I built the base out of steel so I know it will still be standing.

Sorry to hear that, maybe a good opportunity to teach him a life lesson.

I had a boss once tell me, in situations where everything is going wrong, ask yourself, “okay, well what CAN I do?”

More often than not you’ll find there’s ALWAYS something you can do.
Can you go back and build a brush blind?
Can you still hunt this year?

TSAMP

WKR
Lead by example Dad. I'm often looking for words in situations as this but how you react probably plays a bigger influence on how they view it.

There are positives from fire. Your feeder likely will just need new brains, and the cell cam mfg might suprise you.

Goodluck keep us posted.

03mossy

WKR
That’s terrible. But you may end up hunting a different spot or method and it could turn into a memorable hunt.

The buck is still there, get out and hunt him down.

All that stuff that burned is just material stuff, it doesn’t matter. The memories you make with that boy hunting that buck, whether you get him or not, are what matters.

Best of luck

Rich M

WKR
Pretty much replace the feeder and plot. The deer will be back.

We get fires down here from time to time and its not a bad thing.

elkguide

WKR
That really sucks and definitely changes up your plans.
One time when things went south on a job I was working on, one of my older employees smiled at me and said, "I wonder what you're supposed to learn from this." What great wisdom. I live by that now. So, what are you going to show/teach that wonderful up and coming son of yours? Good luck.

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully we'll get some damn rain soon! Fresh growth will bring animals back soon.

Nothing wrong with hand corning

xsn10s

WKR
It sounds like you're doing a great job with your son. I think I'd take the advise from the others that the buck might still be around. Hopefully the feeder is okay and with some luck the buck will comeback to it. You never know what the future can bring and just spending time with your son out there is a win imo.

OP
T

Toney198

FNG
bat.jpg
Good news, camera and battery did not survive and blind will be repairable enough to hunt this year, Has a pretty good cover scent LOL. Who knows these are TX deer, they may enjoy some barbecued and smoked protein?