"Sally" Push up challenge

Vaultman

WKR
We used to do air squats to this, also kind of fun, burbees would be pretty brutal
Doing Sally Burpees are my favorite. It is great full body work. Squats are good but burpees are the best.
The holds are killing me. Currently stuck on 13, but that's at least some improvement.

I will say the holds are very mental, so I have alternate lyrics I sing during them...

"Old miss Lucy, she's a whore. Let me extend my arms once more."
I yell out that line (the correct line) in pain. Now that I have an alternative lyric I can't let it slip out my mouth cause I do this workout with the kiddos. But that is funny. "Let me extend my arms once more!" I love it.

twall13

WKR
I only got 14 last night, but I expected that since I already did a bunch of pushups, pull-ups and planking. Pushed through with a couple of breaks to finish the 30 after I failed at 14. I plan to keep this up all week and do the challenge with fresh arms on Saturday to see if I can see some improvement.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried 14 reps- 60 second rest/ 14-60 second rest/ 14- only made it to 9 on the last set :(

I think next one I'm going to try less reps, but also less rest and see how that goes

Still do not have the magic way to best complete this, BUT making some progress :)

OP
BDRam16

BDRam16

WKR
Been awhile for me. Been doing my normal workouts while taking a break from this to see if I made any progress. Failed going up to 24 which is where my previous best was, but I had gone backwards a bit. It’s a very tricky game between making progress and not being smoked from the day before.