Salmon River Solutions Free Giveaway

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I want to make this interesting, so this isn’t a giveaway you can win by you yourself posting here. This is for your hunting partner, buddy, someone close to you that you hunt with!

To start with, I’ll be giving away: a bonesaw, a titanium 5/8-24 3 port muzzle brake, a titanium arca swiss rifle stock adapter, and a arca+pic rail rifle stock adapter. 2 for the posts that receives the most likes on here, and 2 that I hand pick.

I want to know why you think this person is a great hunting partner and you enjoy being in the outdoors with them! Stories are encouraged to show why they are your go to hunting buddy! Be as thorough as you would like. If you think they would benefit more from a certain one of the prizes, please mention it in the post, and why!

Friday night 5/8 I will go thru and notify the winners!

Good luck and thanks to all those who post comments!

Ken
Salmon River Solutions
[email protected]

Attachments

• AA7457B4-D089-486A-A00E-90CC846B10B4.jpeg
    AA7457B4-D089-486A-A00E-90CC846B10B4.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 96
  • 947BED53-A46A-42EF-B165-65F54D5489FF.jpeg
    947BED53-A46A-42EF-B165-65F54D5489FF.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 95
  • A80184DF-9C3E-4FA0-A056-89AA478F44E6.jpeg
    A80184DF-9C3E-4FA0-A056-89AA478F44E6.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 97AC6278-8038-43CF-89E9-3A070EAFADE0.jpeg
    97AC6278-8038-43CF-89E9-3A070EAFADE0.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

brew0066

FNG
Classified Approved
Do you make a tripod adapter for Vortex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
What caliber are those brakes? those ARCA swiss adapters are slick. I hunt by myself so my partner sucks lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I don't hunt with Matt Whaley, but I was lucky enough to be introduced to him by a mutual friend and have had the pleasure of plenty of banter about guns and critters.

I'll say this, Matt is a pinnacle of outdoorsman. If you know him you'll know how many trips he's made hauling the girls around making sure they get to hunt more than most men, even with a very sick kid.
He's one of those guys who would probably pay it forward in spades.

All that said, he's the guy I'd use up my vote on.

CaseyU

WKR
I will share. But let me upfront and tell you that my little brother or I dont have a rifle nice enough for that gorgeous work! But you made me reflect on some great times so I thought I would share. This guy is my little brother. He probably thinks I have helped him over the years, but I guarantee he has impacted my life more. This kid was never given anything and earned everything. He is humble, hardworking, and a hiking machine. There is nobody I would rather beat up a mountain with than this young man! I watched this kid turn up bucks at 2 miles holding his binoculars vertical looking through 1 eyepiece and chewing bubble gum. Kids a natural! Thank you for the kind gesture and I am sure many others can relate.
81e551dec3ebd3e9ffdf2851ea6a599b.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't hunt with Matt Whaley, but I was lucky enough to be introduced to him by a mutual friend and have had the pleasure of plenty of banter about guns and critters.

I'll say this, Matt is a pinnacle of outdoorsman. If you know him you'll know how many trips he's made hauling the girls around making sure they get to hunt more than most men, even with a very sick kid.

I haven't seen Matt in quite a few years when he did a muzzle brake install for me. I should make him a gunsmiths goodie basket and stop by... hmmm... some 17-4 stainless round bar, some carbide endmills, carbide lathe inserts...

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

Matt Whaley is a pain in the ass and one of the best humans on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool idea.

My hunting partner is about as good a guy as you’ll meet. Not only is he a great human the guy is up for any stupid idea I come up with. We have hunted many places and usually try to go where we think most people won’t. We hunted Idaho a few years ago. I had picked a few possible camp spots on google earth. We thought it would take around 6-7 hours to get to the first place. Almost 12 hours later we finally got to our camping spot. We left the truck in the dark and setup camp in the dark. Not one time did he bitch or mention killing me. We did decide if we saw a bull it had to be a large 6 point or better or we had to pass. We both passed decent bulls but never had a shot at anything we thought worthy of packing out of the hell hole we were in. Even though we didn’t kill anything we had an absolute blast and are planning on doing the trip again, this time with a meat packer lined up. We actually walked into a guys camp while sneaking through some timber. The guy said he had hunted that area for 22 years off horseback and had never seen any person on foot before. Have to be tough if your stupid I guess. He would definitely use a pic + arca rail as we try to save weight by not bringing a bipod and shooting off our tripods.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you have a great hunting partner you feel bad if someone else invites you on a awesome trip but their not going. Almost like cheating on the wife or something. My hunting partner is like that. We've share some of the best hunts along with a couple of the worse hunts together.
My brother-in-law lives in the mid west and due to his work schedule can only do a single extended hunt a year, but we sure try to make the most of it.
I've draw a handful of good tags and he's always been willing to give his vacation days up to come along and lend a hand.
This past season I drew a buffalo permit that was in September most people I knew were out elk hunting but even though he was having a bit of drama in his life he bought plane tickets the same day.
He knew that coming along for my hunt wouldn't allow him to do another western hunt. When I told him to just stay home, his reply was it's a f**king buffalo no way I'm letting you pack that without me.
9d130668910f6a16c28a1f92c268b315.jpg
Yep that's me eating chips while he's capping out the head.

He has a small family farm he invites me to hunt it every year. He does all the food plots, hangs stands, and trims shooting lanes. All I have to do is show up for a few days and start shooting stuff. He never complains about having to help track and drag my deer or even help cut them up for my trip home. In fact he had this buck patterned to a tee and asked me if I wanted to come out early and try and shoot it. I ended up shooting the biggest buck they had taken on thier farm. Who does that?
ae69c22a0602d9dccc93c52755cd6438.jpg

No matter where I want to apply or draw a tag he's down (except Kodiak he thinks that tiny deer just aren't worth it) He'll juggle whatever stuff and deal with tons of extra drama just to make a trip I've planned work out. Sadly I'm not that great at planning but the trips always seem to turn into some kind of "adventure". I've run him out of water on a early archery deer hunt, gotten us a bit turned around on a rainy elk hunt where we got to sleep under a tree cold and wet, gotten him frost bite on a late season deer hunt. Even once he's had to carry both our packs for 5 miles because I got so dehydrated and couldn't carry my own shit back to camp. He's packed way more dead stuff for me than he's ever even though about asking me to pitch in and help him with. When he thinks I'm not looking he throws most his share back in my freezer to make sure my family doesn't go without.
a678f0e15c6a6535db2546441a22f718.jpg

458285da3cebd1bf79aa7227221d69aa.jpg

bf284a0f5223a8b8f5fccc245f5769e9.jpg

If I had to pick the perfect partner I'd pick one with a few more honey holes, but until then I guess this ol' boy will do!

Last edited:

Mac7

WKR
Very nice of you to do this giveaway and looks like you make some cool stuff. Looks like you have some good candidates. Not sure if family is allowed but right now my Daughter is my main hunting partner. I've had some good ones and not so good over the years.

Since she lives under the same roof so that makes things a little easier. Also she can't legally drive yet so can't go home early and bail on me midway through a hunt. She gets up on time and always in a good mood in the morning when we're going hunting or fishing, doesn't matter if day hunt from home or a camp in the woods. Most days we start hiking before daylight and get back to truck after dark. She'll hike wherever I go with no complaints as long as a we stop for a midday snack and nap on the mountain. She loves to go even if she doesn't have a tag to help out. She had a late cow tag 2 years ago and while we were seeing lots of elk finding one on public and being able to get in range for her was proving to be difficult. After 8 days of hunting and a 100+ yard belly crawl in the snow she made it happen. We were out way past dark getting the elk cut up and packing out the first load. I was cold and tired so I know she was after we got back to the truck. But was up early the next morning excited to go pack out the rest. Starting high school this fall so hoping she doesn't get too busy with other things. But as of now is helping me figure out what to do this fall and wondering why I haven't gotten her out after spring bear.

I might have to look into getting one of these for her unless she's lucky enough to win one (titanium arca swiss rifle stock adapter, or a arca+pic rail rifle stock adapter) but she does pretty well shooting off shooting sticks or pack.

Al elk.JPG

Rusty85

WKR
Dad is hands down my favorite hunting partner. At this point I feel I’ve taught him as much as he’s taught me. We both push each other and sometimes get in a little heated argument over the best way to put on a stalk or whether not not something is a shooter. Lol.

These two mule deer are from last year. I was lucky enough to find mine one the first day. My dads on the other hand was a second to the last day deal. This trip fell during a time when his joint issues were really flaring up in his knee so I knew if we were going to get them a deer it’d have to be close to the road as he couldn’t even hardly did out of the truck better yet put on a long stalk. And on the second to last day this buck give us enough time to get setup on him and as usual my dad put a great shot on him. He’s actually in the process of buIlding him a rifle for shooting off a tripod so probably the acra/pic rail would benefit him the most. Thank you doing this sort of thing. It’s awesome to be part of such great group of people.
B591B1FE-C436-4C65-80C4-B74EFBCA3C5E.jpeg2F6FCCAC-014E-407B-ACBF-E621DC570B4F.jpeg

Last edited:
I know its kinda cliche but my one and only hunting partner is my wife. You see, in 2011 we decided to leave the Midwest for an adventure. We had no connections out here but we knew we wanted something different, like wide open spaces and endless mountains to explore. We quite our jobs, loaded up a rental and left. So, now she is my hunting partner.

The thing that makes it special for me is that she had zero interaction with the outdoors growing up. She was not raised in a family that left the city. She grew up just south of Milwaukee. I remember fishing with her one day in our canoe at Devils Lake, outside Baraboo, and she said she had no idea how someone could put a line in the water and pull a fish out. She said she had known of people that fished Lake Michigan but never experienced fishing. She was just getting started.

You asked why I think this person is a great hunting partner and why I enjoy being in the outdoors with them. She is a great hunting partner because she reminds me that we are out there for the experience. She is always learning, never in a hurry, and never actually cares if we kill something. She sees hunting as an adventure in a place she never even imagined before I introduced her to it. I grew up hunting. I have felt the pressure to pull the trigger, to aspire to the animals I drooled over in magazines growing up. She just likes to be there and reminds me to do the same and that makes it very enjoyable.

If there is one thing she could use its the brake. She would love the reduced recoil and motivate me to have her barrel threaded.

image1588476095981~2.pngimage1588476178484~2.pngimage1588476241072~2.pngimage1588476409651.png

Last edited: