Salomon 4d Quests fit perfect until they changed fit ... Now what?

The Kenetrek Corrie II was suggested elsewhere. I may look into those. Upon initial look they seem to be a similar concept to the Salomons.
I have a pair that I just bought. I am going to sell them tho. They are a bit long for me. They are 10.5d and that’s what I had in Salomon.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I have also been on the hunt for a similar boot to Salomon. What I settled on were the Lowa zephyr GTX HI. I did size down a half size from my Salomon’s but the fit is great.

OP
bojangles808
For those poor people who don’t have access to Salomon Quest 4Ds, Al’s sporting goods has the Lowa renegade for $122.50. I’m going to try a pair
Years ago when I was on a trip and at REI trying on boots, these ft very similar to the quest 4ds for me but they weren't as stiff so I ended up with the salmon's. I might go back though

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Same. Can’t stand the new Quests.

Lowa Zypher is a great boot. I also found some Scarpa’s and Crispi boots that I really like. Lowas get worn the most.

Looked at Salewa but haven’t bought any yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue

FNG
Bought the new Quests after using the X Ultra 3's for years, not a fan. The newest salomon gen seems to be thinner/harder under foot and narrower in the toe box. I did pick up a pair of the Forces Quest and they are good though, must still be based on the old gen.

sndmn11

WKR
Has anybody tried the INNOV-8 ROCLITE PRO G 400 to compare to the Salomon Quest 4d?
I got the 345 a handful of weeks ago for everyday and I think they are better than the salomons. I'd imagine the 400 is as well. We did test out their try and return policy with my wife and they honored their policy covering shipping and the refund was in my account a handful of days after they received them

The Kenetrek Corrie II was suggested elsewhere. I may look into those. Upon initial look they seem to be a similar concept to the Salomons.

I am now wearing the Kenetrek Corrie, but the 3.2. Midway had them on sale for $143, and you get a free pair of Kenetrek gaiters with them. Not sure if they are still on sale, might be worth a look.

Reactions: prm
OP
bojangles808
Bump.
If salmon 4ds fit your feet perfect what size did you wear and what boot/ size are you wearing now? Thx

croben

Lil-Rokslider
Bump.
If salmon 4ds fit your feet perfect what size did you wear and what boot/ size are you wearing now? Thx
I wear size 12 in my normal everyday shoes and my gym/running shoes. My Solomans are also a 12. I wear a 12.5 in Crispi, but I always wear liners when I’m hunting or backpacking so I need a little more room in my Crispis.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Bump.
Salomon makes a line of boots for the armed forces that are labeled as such, "Forces". The Quest 4D Gore Tex Forces fits the same and looks to be designed the same as the Quest 4D that I and many others loved so much.

I bought a pair and can only find two differences: 1)The Forces boot has captive laces instead of hooks for the last three eyelets. 2)The boot shank may be ever so slightly stiffer than the non-Forces Quest 4D.

The fit is the same, and the exterior build is the same. I've been wearing other boots recently with the colder weather but will start putting miles on the Forces in the spring.

fe3229358375efa06b419d06755b4bcd.jpg

Last edited:

eoperator

WKR
Crispi laponia have been a good replacement for my 4d's. I don't care for the color of them but otherwise they are light, flexible, comfortable and wide enough for my feet.

wyosteve

WKR
I got the Colorados in wide to try and with a heavier sock they feel just like my 4D’s. But my feet aren’t as wide as yours.