Saratoga Wyoming mule deer

Macdad

FNG
Looking for any recommendations for a guide around Saratoga area for 2021. I should ha e 3 points by then. Love the area as I visited this past year for fishing. Seen lots of really good deer.

wytx

WKR
Good outfitters over there. Inquire if they hunt private or public. Spur has good property to hunt. All have a good local reputation.
Don't overlook the ranchers that outfit as well. The GW over there may have some names for you that don't come up on Google and he or she would know which have had any legal issues.
Grand Slam, WyCon, BattlePass, Platts etc.. lots of good choices.
Make your calls soon as they may be booked.

Just was shed hunting out there last weekend. Great area and definitely a chance at a big buck working with some of those outfitters. Good luck!

How does the snowpack and water look over there Jaden?
Lots of water! Had to help dig an old timer out who tried to go around a big pond in the road and ended up sucked into the sand.

There are still north facing drifts of snow starting about 8000 feet, so I don't think a guy could get around on any of those higher timber roads confidently for another couple weeks.

Crazy. Just looked at a road camera on hwy 230 and it’s freaking snowing. 7000’.
My current elev is 43’ and 65 degrees.
Yeah we've been getting snowed on all day here in Laramie. Going to run out to the mountains this evening and see how bad it's sticking.

Cool to hear, thanks Jaden.
Wonder when the Highway will open this year?
Man, still 8 ft of snow at the Med Bow Snotel site.

I was talking to local backcountry ski folks who say they generally plan on that hwy opening Memorial Day. Maybe the weekend after with this late snow, but I'll letcha know! We are going to ski the peak when it opens up.