Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

Anyone got the muzzle brake off yet?
I had a 116 bear hunter with the same break. Just use a screw driver that fits thru the holes and screw it off. My on/off mechanism ended up breaking so I replaced it with another 3 port break.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Got the email mine is at the store. 6.5x284. Anyone know the thread size for a weaver style base? My research shows is a long action just trying to pick aluminum of steel base. Cant decide. Does it matter much?

For anyone that got one of these rifles, is the screw size for the scope mount 8-40 or 6-48? The savage website shows the 110 ultralight is 8-40 but it doesn't specify what size the 110 long range hunter is. I read most commonly rifles are 6-48 but I can't find the specifications for this model of long range hunter anywhere.

I am going to order some talley lightweight alloy mounts and just want to get the right ones. Thanks.

For anyone that got one of these rifles, is the screw size for the scope mount 8-40 or 6-48? The savage website shows the 110 ultralight is 8-40 but it doesn't specify what size the 110 long range hunter is. I read most commonly rifles are 6-48 but I can't find the specifications for this model of long range hunter anywhere.

I am going to order some talley lightweight alloy mounts and just want to get the right ones. Thanks.

Mine was 6-48. When I talked to Warne, they were surprised it was 6-48 because the newer savage rifles are supposedly 8-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the main differences between this rifle and the 110 hunter?

Saw the hunter is on clearance too. No muzzle brake which looks like non-threaded. Curious if barrel or anything else is different.

Does anyone know the main differences between this rifle and the 110 hunter?

Saw the hunter is on clearance too. No muzzle brake which looks like non-threaded. Curious if barrel or anything else is different.
Barrel length is 24 on the hunter, 24+ the brake on the LR, so closed it's 26" (from what I've read). Looks like detachable magazine on the hunter vs hinged floorplate on the LR. Those are the only differences I can see. I can't find where it lists specific barrel contour anywhere for either, but they are the same twist rate.

So adding a muzzle break and swapping a magazine for hinged floor plate is a $300 premium?

Starting to think the hunter would have been a better value.

So adding a muzzle break and swapping a magazine for hinged floor plate is a $300 premium?

Starting to think the hunter would have been a better value.
At current deals it’s a $100 premium.
Hunter and LRH don’t come in the same chamberings, some of the same but not all.

it comes down to the fact that I don’t want any of the offerings the hunter has but like the 6.5x284 Norma for the long range. Under normal pricing I agree the $300 premium just isn’t there. I’d never get the LRH for $970. But for $570 for the LRH or $470 for the hunter...plus $75 rebate...I’m tempted to go grab a hunter in 6.5cm even if I have no plans for it.

I ordered mine on the 21st and still says processing, I know it’s the holidays but the 7mm says not available now so getting a little nervous

I ordered mine on the 21st and still says processing, I know it’s the holidays but the 7mm says not available now so getting a little nervous

Same exact thing for me with the .300. I swear every year that I’m done buying guns at Cabela’s, but they keep having sales too good to pass up.

I ordered a 300 wm on the 18th and mine too still shows in processing. But they did charge my card today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Has anyone considered putting a carbon fiber barrel on the long range hunter? I’m considering a 22-23” barrel for a 7mm mag threaded for a suppressor. Curious how much the overall weight would be reduced

Same exact thing for me with the .300. I swear every year that I’m done buying guns at Cabela’s, but they keep having sales too good to pass up.

Just got the shipped status this morning!! They heard us hahaha

Has anyone considered putting a carbon fiber barrel on the long range hunter? I’m considering a 22-23” barrel for a 7mm mag threaded for a suppressor. Curious how much the overall weight would be reduced

I would think to just got with the savage ultralite if you were gonna do that. Already got the proof barrel on it for $1250

Every caliber I’ve tried to buy says not available and won’t ship to store. Also doing that with a beretta 20ga they have on sale

Back