Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

That picture up above does not look like a long rang hunter. No Karsten cheekpiece or open and close muzzle brake. Can someone confirm this sale is for the long range hunter rubber coated stock aluminum bed etc. I'm really debating picking up another I've had mine 5 years and have 300 rnds down the barrel.

Alright looked closer at the cabelas ad this must be a new gen. I'm sure the action is the same but is this an aluminum bedded stock?

I couldn't resist. I've been wanting something in 6.5x284 Norma.

Now to find some bullets in stock, hmm. I have dies, primers and plenty of powder.

MHWASH

WKR
Alright looked closer at the cabelas ad this must be a new gen. I'm sure the action is the same but is this an aluminum bedded stock?
From the above mentioned article.
The LRH stock has a full-length metal rail that secures the action in three dimensions along its entire length. Also, there is a healthy gap between the barrel channel and the stock

wapitibob

WKR
These are gen 2 released 2018.

this is older, may be relevant or not, but It was a good read when he first posted.

Last edited:

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one in 6.5 Creedmoor. I missed out on the tikka lites for under $500 last year, didn't want to miss out on another great deal! I need a gun my son can shoot for youth deer that I could also use. With the adjustments in the stock and brake, this should be a good gun for him to shoot next year!

I ordered one in 6.5 Creedmoor. I missed out on the tikka lites for under $500 last year, didn't want to miss out on another great deal! I need a gun my son can shoot for youth deer that I could also use. With the adjustments in the stock and brake, this should be a good gun for him to shoot next year!

Yeah- that was the deal of the year last year... been looking for another at that price ever since. Glad you didn’t miss out on this one! Glad I got both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Was looking at the 6.5 284 Norma but factory ammo would be the concern.. any insight on factory ammo for this round?

I looked quick for fun. Factory ammo options seems to be more limited in this compared to the others available, but nothing was in stock obviously. I'm going to hand load so I'm not worried about it.

jjtt13

FNG
7mm mag
a456fff0411ac9fb4f56956841c9c6da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jjtt13

FNG
Sorry for all the pics just trying to clear thing's up for some,this thing is sweet
0a507d3cd7eadef58d50ccab222c1852.jpg

I looked quick for fun. Factory ammo options seems to be more limited in this compared to the others available, but nothing was in stock obviously. I'm going to hand load so I'm not worried about it.
yeah, there are a few cartridges that are "for reloaders". Yes, there is factory ammo for 6.5x284 but that sorta misses the point of that round. I think it's one that I would discourage people who don't reload from buying. 280AI is another.

That said, I just bought one, got the dies, primers, and powder. I'm struggling with finding bullets in 6.5mm, and I'm just too cheap to but the expensive lapua brass (I should because any day now there will be none available).

Sorry for all the pics just trying to clear thing's up for some,this thing is sweet
0a507d3cd7eadef58d50ccab222c1852.jpg

I have read that it is a 24" barrel basically with a 2" brake that makes it 26". I sure wish it wasn't that long (but that's what makes it "long range" I guess). I'll find out in a week or so. Seems pretty long for mountain ramming through the woods...I have a 20" 110 30-06 that works for that, but I was really hoping this turned out to be "not as long as I thought it would be".

jjtt13

FNG
Yep I got 24in plus 2in brake take muzzle brake off and lose 2 inches

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Cool, Glad they are true 24 inch vs 26 plus brake. I caved and ordered one in 6.5 crd to ring steel without concern for burning up the barrel on an expensive gun. Will be my training gun for doping wind... at least thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Chadd314

FNG
Thanks for the input and Yeah thought about after gift cards from early Christmas gifts gonna be like $300 and gonna do the 7mm can’t pass it up for that price

Chadd314

FNG
I guess I have to cut it off, I don't actually have one haha. To bad .270 wasn't an option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haha and yeah I know be nice to get a few more options but still a good deal even in 7mm I think. Be fun to mess around with