Savage update

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to land on what rifle platform to buy. The Savage 110 is on my list for the out of the box accuracy. However looking at reviews. Seems like they had some pretty bad feeding issues. That being said this was 3 years ago. Anyone know if they have fixed the feeding issue? Or is it still pretty prevalent?

jimh406

WKR
Fwiw, Savage is one of the oldest manufacturers. I'm not saying they are always perfect, but there is a reason they are still here since 1894.

I've only shot two 110s, but those fed ok. Some people seem to have problems feeding and some of it may be how slow/fast they are feeding. Fwiw, one was blind magazine and one was box magazine.

They do make several variations of 110 under different model numbers like 10/11/111 that are very similar.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’d find a Howa on sale.

Savage rifles are perfectly fine, shoot awesome. Their problems are a little more prevalent, but still very small numbers.

What cartridge?

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I’d find a Howa on sale.

Savage rifles are perfectly fine, shoot awesome. Their problems are a little more prevalent, but still very small numbers.

What cartridge?
243. Or 6mm ARC

Choupique

WKR
Anyone know if they have fixed the feeding issue?

The half dozen or so that I have shot fed just fine. If that's the rifle you want buy it. Savage will fix it if it's messed up but I personally wouldn't worry about it.

I've largely quit worrying about bad reviews on the internet regarding stuff like this and my life got better. Odds are astronomically low that it'll happen to you.

280Ackley

WKR
I think a lot depends on the cartridge. I have a new 6 ARC in the switchback, it is pretty much a single shot rifle the way it feeds. Still haven’t figured out a solution for it. Where my 280AI I’ve never had a single feed issue.

Weldor

WKR
I have the 308 carbon predator, no issues feeding. It does use the AICS mags. Sub moa rifle with 130's

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up an ultralite in 6.5PRC this year and my friend got one in 7prc. We both threw them in Stocky's carbon fiber stocks and they are absolute tack drivers... not a single feed issue and both shoot sub .75 with all the factory ammo we have tried.

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I’d find a Howa on sale.

What cartridge?
I kinda Thought howa went out of business. All their rifles at sportsman’s are out of stock. Haha

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot depends on the cartridge. I have a new 6 ARC in the switchback, it is pretty much a single shot rifle the way it feeds. Still haven’t figured out a solution for it. Where my 280AI I’ve never had a single feed issue.
That’s the exact rifle I was looking at lol so that’s good to know

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Get a Howa 6arc in the mini action off Brownells as a barreled action or Buds Guns.

Have one in 6 arc also. Never could get the mag to function. Decided feed lips didn't extend far enough forward. Added to the end of them and functions 100%.

I wouldn't shy aware from savage if that is what you are after. I would make note if the model is a top or bottom bolt release. This will greatly restrict your aftermarket stock options if its a bottom bolt release. That being said, there are still some options out there.

Unckebob

WKR
I have one in 6.5CM and one in 6ARC.
- The CM came in an Accustock and feeds/extracts fine.
- The ARC was never fired in the factory stock. I moved it to a MDT chassis and it feeds perfectly from the metal magazine I bought for it.

They are both more accurate than I am.