Savage update

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought two 110s in the last couple of years, both feed ok but the actions feel like there’s sand in them when you cycle the bolt. Other than that, they’re both tack drivers, but I will say that my most recent purchase was a tikka, it’s smooth as butter.

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
A chassis solves, so many problems when you are get to use a I CS mags.
I read that as well, but I thought their stock stocks (lol) can take an ics mag? I read some guys just contacted savage and they sent them a ics mag

OP
W

wcasey755

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought two 110s in the last couple of years, both feed ok but the actions feel like there’s sand in them when you cycle the bolt. Other than that, they’re both tack drivers, but I will say that my most recent purchase was a tikka, it’s smooth as butter.
I have a tikka in 300 win mag and I love it more then any other gun. If the wife gave me another 200 to work with I wouldn’t even have a question. I’d be buying a tikka in 243 tomorrow. Heck I’m still gonna check the local shops and see if there’s any used ones or blems haha

CRJR45

WKR
I read that as well, but I thought their stock stocks (lol) can take an ics mag? I read some guys just contacted savage and they sent them a ics mag
I have a 110 UL 28 Nosler , I love the gun , but it has a feed issue . I called Savage and they sent the exact same mag that came with the gun , still has issues . I've tried to "Tweak" the mags , I must be doing it wrong .

jimh406

WKR
Look into online sources like Grabagun, GalleryofGuns, Cabela's, and also the Sportsman's Warehouse online ordering.

Loper

WKR
That’s the exact rifle I was looking at lol so that’s good to know
I don’t hear about many problems with Savage 110’s, except for the switchaback. I’d stay away from this model, but all other 110’s seem good to go.

TheHammer

WKR
I have 11 110s in an array of calibers, had 12 (UL in 28nosler went down the road) none of them have functioning issues. Sure each one is more accurate than I am. It’s a horrible problem to have. That being said the only ones I’ve seen functioning issues with are apex hunters and the switchback.

nubbin

FNG
I have a savage 11 (110 action) in .243 and a 110 VSX in 30-06. My .243 has ejection issues and it only happens to me when i try to quickly reload (for follow up shots). It’s a simple $23 fix with an aftermarket ejector kit, I’ve just not got around to it. My 30-06 has had no ejection issues at all. Neither one has had a single issue feeding. Both guns are Moa guns, the .243 will shoot 1” groups at 200 yards. My only complaint I have with savage is their long actions are LONG. Can make scope mounting a pain sometimes. The 30-06 VSX has a fantastic recoil pad. I can shoot a box of 175gr TA’s through it with no shoulder fatigue. As a matter of fact it’s more comfortable to shoot than my marlin 30-30 and those are pretty mild in the recoil department. Yes there are better guns out there, but there’s nothing wrong with a savage 110. It will kill just like any other rifle out there, with accuracy.