Scouting Reports from Outfitters - Ever used them?

Scott13

FNG
Drew a late rifle tag in Arizona 7E. Have hunted the peaks portion of the unit before, and am researching whether or not a scouting report from one of the guides active in that unit (e.g. High Point, Big Chino, Diamond) would be worth the ~$1,500 price.

I've got decent intel from my last hunt, but since moving out of state have been unable to get back in the area pre-season.

Anyone had any experience with scouting reports?

cmenard01

FNG
Ive never used them. Little to rich for me. I was able to get some information from taxidermist that I called. They were able to share what others were seeing and at what elevations.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TBarron

WKR
I’ve hunted with Big Chino. I’d pass. One of the only about the money types.

I found a great AZ outfitter and had a successful hunt on the Kaibab. I’d hunt anywhere in the state with him. The guy scouts hard and runs lots of cameras. Shoot me a dm and I’ll give you his cell #

OP
Scott13

Scott13

FNG
Thanks Tbarron and Cmenard, I agree the price had me doing double takes. Appreciate the tips fellas.

OP
Scott13

Scott13

FNG
I’ve hunted with Big Chino. I’d pass. One of the only about the money types.

I found a great AZ outfitter and had a successful hunt on the Kaibab. I’d hunt anywhere in the state with him. The guy scouts hard and runs lots of cameras. Shoot me a dm and I’ll give you his cell #

Looks like I've got to get my message count up before I can send a DM. Will reach out once that is accomplished. Appreciate it!

Tmac

WKR
Used a service once. It was Mountain Man Outfitters in NV for a NV antelope tag. Work schedule would not allow me to scout and figured I’d never hunt there again so for the cost of a couple scouting trips I bought his scouting package. Got a map marked with 3 scouted areas with at least a good buck in each area. I ended up taking real good one opening day on the way to look at 2 of the pre-scouted areas. I’d guess this saved me 10 ish days of scouting/hunting, just knowing we’re a concentration was. This was a large remote North central unit.