Seek Outside Silex

freshta

WKR
I"m on the hairy edge of ordering one, I just wish there were a few more pics of the shelter with the inner. Kinda hard to spend the $$$ without seeing more of the product. If I ordered now, WITH factory seam sealing, when should I expect to see it? Season is RAPIDLY approaching!

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I"m on the hairy edge of ordering one, I just wish there were a few more pics of the shelter with the inner. Kinda hard to spend the $$$ without seeing more of the product. If I ordered now, WITH factory seam sealing, when should I expect to see it? Season is RAPIDLY approaching!

Added a few pics of the nest to the product pages. The nest is pretty slick. Will fit a 25x78 air pad with room for storage on either side of your hip.

Silex Trekking Pole Tent Nest.jpeg

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Guyouts on the canopy are loops. I probably won't use guyouts much on this one...not really needed for more room and it pitches tight.

We're double functioning the guyouts and mid door stake loops so that you can use them to tighten up the loose door fabric when the door is open. Basically adding a door tieback function with what is already there, so it doesn't add any weight or potential leak points.

The nest tensions with linelocs to the canopy stakes head and foot, toggle and loop at top middle, and cordage at bottom middle so you can tie it to your poles. You can also pitch the nest without the canopy but you'd need a bit of cordage and a few stakes.

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Surprised this works but it does.

8" tall Go-Cot that's 7' long fits with plenty of clearance for head and feet.

Should make a good solo truck camp.

11fc62cb3b2e78cf0b041a7c1124b034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Silex Pro Tip

How to easily double stake if you expect really rough weather, or if you're in soft ground.

Short double loop piece of cordage run through the main stakeline loop. Forms a "Y".

631399b9137053271912532e1735f349.jpg

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pretty easy. You can slip a Ti hook stake through the web the lineloc is sewn in with, but with a bigger stake just tighten the loop all the way. No sod skirt, so it won't be as tight as a Silvertip, but it does real well.

Last edited:
OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not yet, but we'll get some soon. Aside from necessary testing it is hard to get excited about sitting in tents and feeding stoves in July or August.

Backpacking pics from high mountain lakes with hungry trout.....we have plenty of those.

mrgreen

WKR
Not yet, but we'll get some soon. ........... it is hard to get excited about sitting in tents and feeding stoves in July or August.

Thanks, I get that. I would just like to see the layout and use-of-space with the stove inside.

Not trying to get any one roasted!