Seekins Havak Element 300WM

big217boy

FNG
I’m considering this as my new Western do all gun. The components and specs look awesome and just curious if anyone has time behind this gun. YouTube didn’t turn up many videos and before dropping the cash, figured I’d see if any of my fellow Rocksliders can chime in.

Also, I live in the Pittsburgh area and travel to Columbus and Cleveland for work. If anyone knows of any Seekins dealers with these in stock please let me know.

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakeky

FNG
Call Seekins and talk with those guys. They are super to deal with. I just ordered a Havak HIT Pro last week. They assured me the accuracy would be to my expectations or send it back and they would fix it. Also they guarantee all parts of the rifle for life. I would say for a do all gun it would fit the bill nicely.

jhm2023

WKR
I couldn't find a lot of info on the element either and there aren't any in stock locally. The info I could find here and elsewhere was all good, so I just said the hell with it and ordered one through their custom shop just the way I wanted it. The customer service was great and I look forward to getting the rifle.

Here's the way I ordered mine:
20" mountain hunter contour w/ triral fluting in 7 Sherman Max.
Coyote brown cerakote on barrel and action, still black anodizing on the bolt.
No front sling stud only limited rotation flush cups front and rear.
OD green, coyote brown and exposed carbon fiber for the stock.

The biggest thing for me was I wanted a decently fast 7mm in a short action, short barrel since it will wear a suppressor and 5.5lbs or less. The accuracy, fit and finish I trust to be there if it says Seekins on it.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
A friend has one in a 308 win. and its a real good shooter. Its my next rifle.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't find a lot of info on the element either and there aren't any in stock locally. The info I could find here and elsewhere was all good, so I just said the hell with it and ordered one through their custom shop just the way I wanted it. The customer service was great and I look forward to getting the rifle.

Here's the way I ordered mine:
20" mountain hunter contour w/ triral fluting in 7 Sherman Max.
Coyote brown cerakote on barrel and action, still black anodizing on the bolt.
No front sling stud only limited rotation flush cups front and rear.
OD green, coyote brown and exposed carbon fiber for the stock.

The biggest thing for me was I wanted a decently fast 7mm in a short action, short barrel since it will wear a suppressor and 5.5lbs or less. The accuracy, fit and finish I trust to be there if it says Seekins on it.
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your quote from the custom shop?

slowelk

WKR
I have a havak PH2 that shoots fantastic - I’ve posted about it here. I don’t like the plastic stock or carbon mags though, but that’s being remedied as I wait for a manners eh1 with an m5 bottom metal inlet.

That said, I would not want a sub 6# 22” win mag. You’re neutering it at that barrel length unless you’re a savvy hand loader, and it’d be zero fun to shoot without a huge brake.

I think the element makes sense in short action, lighter recoiling cartridges. 308, 6.5cm, 6.5prc.

OP
big217boy

big217boy

FNG
I have a havak PH2 that shoots fantastic - I’ve posted about it here. I don’t like the plastic stock or carbon mags though, but that’s being remedied as I wait for a manners eh1 with an m5 bottom metal inlet.

That said, I would not want a sub 6# 22” win mag. You’re neutering it at that barrel length unless you’re a savvy hand loader, and it’d be zero fun to shoot without a huge brake.

I think the element makes sense in short action, lighter recoiling cartridges. 308, 6.5cm, 6.5prc.

I would definitely have a break to tame the lightweight beast. I don’t have any plans to hand load, with that said how many fps will I lose between a 24” pipe vs the 22”?

Flyrodr

FNG
I’m considering this as my new Western do all gun. The components and specs look awesome and just curious if anyone has time behind this gun.

I'm pretty sure you'll like it. I recently got an Element in 6.5CM. The fit and finish are great. It runs smoothly, and is much more accurate than I am. Had a sub half-inch 5-shot group going until I got excited and opened it up to around 0.8". It certainly fits the bill if you're looking for a lighter weight rifle that will be carried a lot and shot less frequently.

Attachments

• Seekins-6.5CM-3-6-22.jpg
    Seekins-6.5CM-3-6-22.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 46

slowelk

WKR
I would definitely have a break to tame the lightweight beast. I don’t have any plans to hand load, with that said how many fps will I lose between a 24” pipe vs the 22”?

The havak ph2 is 26”. The rule is 25fps per inch.

I’m considering this as my new Western do all gun. The components and specs look awesome and just curious if anyone has time behind this gun. YouTube didn’t turn up many videos and before dropping the cash, figured I’d see if any of my fellow Rocksliders can chime in.

Also, I live in the Pittsburgh area and travel to Columbus and Cleveland for work. If anyone knows of any Seekins dealers with these in stock please let me know.

Thx!

just came across this post, just brought home a Havak Element in 300 win mag, Bullseye Gun Vault in New Alexandria, carries Seekins now- that's where I picked up mine.

OP
big217boy

big217boy

FNG
just came across this post, just brought home a Havak Element in 300 win mag, Bullseye Gun Vault in New Alexandria, carries Seekins now- that's where I picked up mine.

Nice! I live in Irwin can easily make a trip to New Alexandria to check them out. Thanks for the post.

Between 3 buddies and I we have 1 PH1, 5 PH2’s and 2 elements. All of them are shooters and I recommend Seekins to anyone looking for a quality gun and a company with great customer service.

Metzger

FNG
Having owned over 30 rifles I had a PH2 in 300PRC. I had the worst luck with it, just awful groups 1.5-3" sent it back to them and they rebarreled it. Still got 1"-2" groups. I really wanted to like it and seekins bought it back from me.

Having owned over 30 rifles I had a PH2 in 300PRC. I had the worst luck with it, just awful groups 1.5-3" sent it back to them and they rebarreled it. Still got 1"-2" groups. I really wanted to like it and seekins bought it back from me.
That sucks. We don’t have a 300prc but we have 3 300wm and they all shoot crazy good. Not many firearm companies that would buy a gun back though. What bullets/ammo did you try in your prc?

Metzger

FNG
That sucks. We don’t have a 300prc but we have 3 300wm and they all shoot crazy good. Not many firearm companies that would buy a gun back though. What bullets/ammo did you try in your prc?
I did everything Seekins suggested and more also tried different shooters. It cost me a lot of time and money to go through that head ache.

slowelk

WKR

I'm one for one with a dynamite 300WM. I do hate the stock and mags, but that's getting fixed with a manners eh1 and hawkins m5.