Shop/Garage Gear Storage

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
Recently moved and now have a little detached shop/garage in front of the house that I can store all my hunting and fishing gear. Also planning to do a small garage gym on one side to cancel the memberships. Would love to see some photos from others of how you set up your tinkering areas for bows/guns, camo, gear, etc. very excited to have my own space for the hobbies and want to set it up right the first time!

I built a couple big “cupboards” from OSB. 8’ tall, 4’ wide and 24-30” deep. One has shelves on top and a clothes bar on the bottom and one has a big shelf with big heavy duty drawers underneath for clothes. Both have doors on the front to keep dust out since the garage is also for cars, woodworking, welding, etc. Added fishing rod storage to one as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 129
OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
A
I built a couple big “cupboards” from OSB. 8’ tall, 4’ wide and 24-30” deep. One has shelves on top and a clothes bar on the bottom and one has a big shelf with big heavy duty drawers underneath for clothes. Both have doors on the front to keep dust out since the garage is also for cars, woodworking, welding, etc. Added fishing rod storage to one as well.
i like the addition for the fishing rods. I completely forgot about what to do with those I’ve been so focused on the hunting gear.

Weldor

WKR
Mine started out neat, but now it is a catch all. My bad. Now it seems when I clean I just move my stuff from one spot to the next. Otherwise look online you can get some outstanding cabinets and stoage shelves for cheap.

Make sure you throw down some rat poison in the corner on that thing. Would be the worst if mice or rats got in there and started chewing through your gear

No pictures, but a local supply store had a good sale on different sized heavy duty storage bins. They have been great to help organize my gear. Im sure it will change and theres better ways of doing it, but currently mines organized by early, mid, and late season clothes. Like previously stated, doesnt hurt to throw out some mouse traps to avoid them making a nest out of a $300 jacket.

kpk

WKR
For fishing rods I used a few old cedar deck spindles. Imagine an upside down T screwed to the ceiling. The "leg" section is about a 4" piece and then screwed to a 42" spindle. Probably holds 10 rods each.

OP
EZduzIT

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll update with a photo of what I currently have going on once back from hunting. Struggling with a corner that I currently have two storage racks going to. Not so aesthetically pleasing. Thanks for all the great ideas.