Show us how you carry your bow

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider

I have been toying with this and the Montana Bow Sling on my practice hikes. The High Pointe really isn’t a hands free system because the bow will eventually becomes unbalanced and slide one way, but it is great if you need to check your phone or just get the weigh off your arm and then you can rest one hand on the bow to keep it from sliding.

I’m still planning with the Montana trying to find a good configuration. I like that it can be hands free but just can’t find the sweet spot yet.
If there is anything I can do to help let me know. What kind of pack are you running?

Sobrbiker

WKR
Cheap single point tacticool bungee sling across chest hanging at left side. Hook clips to d-loop.
Holds bow right at where I’d be carrying it in my left hand. I hike with hand holding bow but sling carries weight most of the time, and can go hands free at any time. Chest strap is under my bino harness and pack straps, so it doesn’t let bow flop forward. High enough I can take a knee, crouch, or sit without bowcontacting ground.

279ED637-CA93-4B34-88F0-C6623834DA0C.jpeg

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Juist ordered a MOntana Bow sling as well, the bow spider was turning into being a pain in the butt and I dropped my bow off it the other day, thankfully it caught on the compression strap or it was going for a 30 foot tumble. Shame I like the concept and the ease of use, but I got to complacent and didn't check to make sure I had seated it in the mount, and nearly dropped the bow of the ledge.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
KIfaru gun bearer, but I replace the bucket with a 2" plastic hook at the end of 1.5" webbing and hook to riser...use the bucket for gun and the hook for bow.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Juist ordered a MOntana Bow sling as well, the bow spider was turning into being a pain in the butt and I dropped my bow off it the other day, thankfully it caught on the compression strap or it was going for a 30 foot tumble. Shame I like the concept and the ease of use, but I got to complacent and didn't check to make sure I had seated it in the mount, and nearly dropped the bow of the ledge.
Thanks for the support man, means alot. Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting it up. Good luck this season and be safe out there!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
When I hunt, my bow is in my hand unless I'm hauling meat.

Last season was a great example. I spotted some elk in the distance but decided to back track to get a different approach with better wind and more cover. While backtracking less than a quarter mile I topped a small rise to find another small group of elk bedded in some rocks right on my trail. Only a young bull spotted me. I immediately stopped behind a tiny 3' juniper, nocked an arrow and killed a cow. The whole encounter lasted under 30 seconds. Shot opportunities are where you find them.

This is my Montana Bow Sling, it may or may not be something that you are interested in. Its designed to be attached directly to the hunting pack, pack takes the weight of the bow. Once you get it set up, adjusted properly it works pretty well. It can be configured in multiple ways on all kinds of packs and can be used with pretty much all bows. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. Thanks

Does your sling have a quick connect for fast removal or do you leave it on when you shoot?

I've carried the bow in the Kifaru Gunbearer for 20 years. You can still use hiking poles, you can get the bow out into your hand in about a second, and I find the bow is safer there than on my back or even in my hand. Set the top strap long enough to angle the bow forward to keep it out of your teeth and from blocking your view. I do use a neoprene Cabelas sling to protect the strings if hiking extensively in the willows down low., but still carry it in the Gunbearer. The old Kifaru Gunbearers had a long enough top strap to carry the bow leaned away from your face, but the latest are a bit too short. Get some webbing to extend it if you need too and spice an extension piece in close to the pack using the original strap around the bow (or through a hole in the riser) and thru the retainer buckle, or buy two feet of strap and replace the shorter strap.

Good luck!

406unltd

WKR
I set my riser on my bino harness and just put a hand on the quiver holding it to my chest. Rest it on there with the portion of the riser that’s in between the stab and sight.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Does your sling have a quick connect for fast removal or do you leave it on when you shoot?
Nothing is permanent attached to the sling, riser hooks or quick release cam lock buckles keep the bow secure. Once you have it set up how you like it, removing the bow is relatively quick and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk