Silencerco harvestor evo 300

Usmcff

WKR
Anyone wanna talk me out of one of these? Been debating for a while and found them on sale for sub 400$. Will go on my back country guns (7mm-08 and 300 WM). Will probably use the asr brake system. Anyone have issues with taking it off and back on again as in POI shift because I’ll probably hike with it in my pack and add it when I get to the hunting spot. I currently have an sig srd 762 qd suppressor so the ratings are fine for me. Just want a lighter suppressor for hunting. Was debating the TBAC ultra 7 before but with the price of this, it’s making me question.

Northpark

WKR
Just get it. I have one. And at that sub $400 price I might need another one. It’s great for a hunting rifle. I use the direct thread to save a bit of weight and have no issues bouncing it between my .300 win mag, 7-08ai, .300blk, 6 ARC, .243win. No POI shifts taking it off and then putting it back on.

I thought I read about ASR devices being pretty hefty. Might be worth looking into weight difference between that and direct thread.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Fyi I was informed by silencerco the harvester evo has been discontinued. If that matters to you.

TxLite

WKR
Fyi I was informed by silencerco the harvester evo has been discontinued. If that matters to you.
Interesting. I wonder if they have a replacement lined up for release at shot show or if it’s just toast.

Either way, sico is a great company and I’ve been happy with my products from them. For <$400 I think it would be a nice addition for a weight conscious hunting rifle

OP
Usmcff

Usmcff

WKR
I thought I read about ASR devices being pretty hefty. Might be worth looking into weight difference between that and direct thread.
That’s kind of what I’ve read, I think based on the data I found with the asr was 3 ounces and then that would put it close to 14-15 ounces total weight.

OP
Usmcff

Usmcff

WKR
Just get it. I have one. And at that sub $400 price I might need another one. It’s great for a hunting rifle. I use the direct thread to save a bit of weight and have no issues bouncing it between my .300 win mag, 7-08ai, .300blk, 6 ARC, .243win. No POI shifts taking it off and then putting it back on.
I appreciate the feed back, do you use asr bravo mounts or just direct thread? Also can send you the link if you’d like

Northpark

WKR
I appreciate the feed back, do you use asr bravo mounts or just direct thread? Also can send you the link if you’d like
Just direct thread for me. I just prefer it for the weight savings up front on a hunting rifle. It’s only like a 2oz difference but when you stick that on a 20”-24” barrel it’s noticeable.

I already found that other thread with the link. Appreciate it though.

OP
Usmcff

Usmcff

WKR
Just direct thread for me. I just prefer it for the weight savings up front on a hunting rifle. It’s only like a 2oz difference but when you stick that on a 20”-24” barrel it’s noticeable.

I already found that other thread with the link. Appreciate it though.
That’s the size barrels mine will go on so I’ll probably do that. One last question, what’s the process for doing it through a dealer like that? Last suppressor was through silencershop or central one so used the online kiosks so how do I submit documentation and fingerprints done etc

Northpark

WKR
That’s the size barrels mine will go on so I’ll probably do that. One last question, what’s the process for doing it through a dealer like that? Last suppressor was through silencershop or central one so used the online kiosks so how do I submit documentation and fingerprints done etc
I’ve done silencer shop kiosks for both my cans. but in order to order this one you’d have to confirm with your local class 3 dealer that they can do the transfer. Then this can will ship to your local class 3 where you can complete the form 4 and start your wait. There will be a 7-14 day wait for the form 3 for transfer between dealers to clear so that adds a bit of wait time as well

OP
Usmcff

Usmcff

WKR
I’ve done silencer shop kiosks for both my cans. but in order to order this one you’d have to confirm with your local class 3 dealer that they can do the transfer. Then this can will ship to your local class 3 where you can complete the form 4 and start your wait. There will be a 7-14 day wait for the form 3 for transfer between dealers to clear so that adds a bit of wait time as well
Awesome! Thank you! Appreciate all the help

Love my evo! Mainly run it on my 300 win mag and my .308, but also have used it on my 6.5 Creedmoor.

No issues with poi shift when switching to another rifle and back. I use direct thread for all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Direct thread. No POI shift taking suppressors on and off.

Don’t spend the money or carry the weight with the multiple brake adapters.

Only need for a brake adapter is if your can calls for it because of the shortness of your barrel or the size of the cartridge.

Some cans are rated for brakes with RUM for instance.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone wanna talk me out of one of these? Been debating for a while and found them on sale for sub 400$. Will go on my back country guns (7mm-08 and 300 WM). Will probably use the asr brake system. Anyone have issues with taking it off and back on again as in POI shift because I’ll probably hike with it in my pack and add it when I get to the hunting spot. I currently have an sig srd 762 qd suppressor so the ratings are fine for me. Just want a lighter suppressor for hunting. Was debating the TBAC ultra 7 before but with the price of this, it’s making me question.
The longer you wait, the only regret you will have is not buying one sooner.

OP
Usmcff

Usmcff

WKR
The longer you wait, the only regret you will have is not buying one sooner.
I went ahead and bought it. Had a little bit of a headache finding a class 3 dealer to take it in on transfer but just called the one I used last time for my other suppressor. She said she’ll take it in and add it to her inventory so I can do it through silencershop so all is well. I appreciate the feedback

Unckebob

WKR
I prefer my hunting rifles to be adapters free. They just look right imo.

I would buy another Evo in a heartbeat at that price.

I got in on this deal as well, haven't got a shipment notification yet though. Unfortunately my three guns all have different threads so I'll be running the area 419 adapters. Hopefully the wait doesn't take more then 6 months.......