Sleeping bag for +6’6”

#1 son is pushing 6’8”. My long bags are getting a little too short for him To use the hoods.

is there a 20-30* synthetic bag mummy that is preferred by the giraffe crowd?

sneaky

"DADDY"
The easy button is a down bag, but I don't know of a synthetic bag at that length. At least not off the top of my head

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
I wouldn't do the synthetic, personally. You could prob do a custom size with either Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends. I don't think any company is making bags for NBA sized humans off the shelf

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Enlightened Equipment quilt I really like. Down will last longer so its a better investment in my opinion. EE does custom work so they could do something for a taller guy. And they have done sleeping bags (even though I like their quilts).

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think Western Mountaineering makes a 7' bag length.
They do in quite a few models, but not all of them. WM,Cumulus,PhD Designs, any number of quilt makers, Nunatak... there's plenty of options for down, but very slim pickings for synthetic.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I have a brand new 7' Western Mountaineering badger for sale if you are interested. Selling for below what I paid.

I thought badger only went to 6’6”.
Is it a 15degree or 0. Can you send pictures of tag and bag?

I have a brand new 7' Western Mountaineering badger for sale if you are interested. Selling for below what I paid.
My mistake. They do go to 7’. I need a 0F bag for where I am going. And a rectangular shape. I’m needing a Sequoia or Kodiak.

bascott1

WKR
6’6” as well. Run a WM antelope. It is a little tight as I’m broad shouldered and 265lbs but dang it’s toasty. And have a kelty 20 degree in a long tthat works great as well. I have plenty of room in it and would prob fit someone a couple inches taller than me easily.

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
My mistake. They do go to 7’. I need a 0F bag for where I am going. And a rectangular shape. I’m needing a Sequoia or Kodiak.
Sorry for the delay. As you noted, they do go to 7'. I did have it overfilled so would probably be fine down to zero. I'm a side sleeper and the cut just doesn't work for me, hence why its for sale.

I thought about a rectangular option, but they just get heavy and bulky. Also, if I am on a hunt where it is that cold, I am likely packing a puffy layer and can always throw that on to be comfortable well below zero. I ended up with an El Coyote quilt, which I love. I've spent a several nights hovering around zero and it performed.

I also picked up a zenbivy system last fall that I am yet to try. Pretty excited about it being that I am a side sleeper and it seems to be the best of both worlds (bag vs quilt).