Sleeping bags for couples

Looking for recommendations on a sleeping bag for me and my wife. This would be for camping in a wall tent with stove. I usually let it get pretty cool overnight though... We use a couple Coleman’s zipped together and I hate the synthetic material -wake up wet and gross feeling. I use a slumberjack cotton/canvas bag for myself, but they quit selling them so I can’t buy another and just zip em up 😡

Is this for car camping or horseback in?
Get two more big canvas bags and zip together.
Queen air mattress and blankets from home.
Two person down quilt.
Several options, just depends on what both of you like

Kifaru cast episode with Eddie Gallagher had Aron talking about inviting Frank to spoon. Might be a couples slick bag coming out soon. /s/

OP
P
Car camping for sure. Weight isn’t a big deal. I figure I’ll do as mentioned above
And just find a couple flannel/canvas bags to zip together. I think the entire world bought sleeping bags last year though... I am super intrigued by the new quilts people are using these days though.

Car camping for sure. Weight isn’t a big deal. I figure I’ll do as mentioned above
And just find a couple flannel/canvas bags to zip together. I think the entire world bought sleeping bags last year though... I am super intrigued by the new quilts people are using these days though.

Wife and I tried the big Agnes king Solomon which was really like splitting the baby with the sword. Worst of both worlds. Can’t get a double bag to be as warm as a single we found plus we didn’t have the space we would get in a regular bag. This year we got fairly cheap double (two bags zipped together) from Alps that came in a package. In theory rated to 20 degrees but who knows. But for car camping it’s easy to toss an extra blanket on if you need it. For backpacking we will use two individual bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I bought REI 20 degree his and hers sleeping bags a few years ago. The openings on the sleeping bags face each other and the zippers are the same length even though mine is a “tall”.

I have a Big Agnes Big Creek 30 degree double sleeping bag and it's really nice. It's designed so that you slide your sleeping pads into the sleeves at the bottom of the bag, so they don't move around on you.

My wife is always cold and used to bring a 0 degree bag for herself, even in the summer time. With two people heating this 30 degree bag, she says she sleeps warmer in this one than she does in her cold weather bag.

I'm a bit of a human furnace and very prone to overheating in my sleep, so I'm usually hanging half of myself outside the bag while she stays warm next to the other half. She loves it and says that she won't ever go camping again unless we're bringing the double bag.

I think if you're running a stove in a tent, you should be plenty warm in this one. They also make a 15 degree version of this bag that you can consider if you're prone to being cold at night.

As you can see, it's huge when it's all laid out, but packs down about 20% larger than my wife's synthetic 0 degree bag because there is no insulation in the bottom side of the bag.

OP
P
Great info 👍 Same situation here with me always burning up and her always freezing to death LOL. She says I’m her personal, 220lb, electric blanket 🤷‍♂️ I’ll get to looking up your suggestions. Thanks guys

Felix40

WKR
We have a kelty tru comfort 20. Its synthetic but I think they nailed the design. It has plenty of room for two and we have even let our 6 year old in with us sometimes. Each side can open or close without affecting the other person. It has a flap on each side that is similar to a blanket so your partner can’t steal the covers from you.

manitou1

WKR
We use the Teton Sports Camper -10 degree bags... for cold weather, zip together. For warmer, we use one on bottom and one on top like a comforter. Very large and roomy bags. $89.00 each at Sportsmans. Nice lining, canvas outer shell.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I am super intrigued by the new quilts people are using these days though.

Enlightened Equipment makes a 2 person quilt if you're interested in such a thing. They make high quality gear but a quilt of that size with the amount of down it takes would be a little pricey.

I like my lady quite a bit but can't imagine sharing a sleeping bag. I bought a king sized bed so we could have some space at home.

I'm surprised so many seem to have these things.