Small Clothes Sizing

I'm not a big guy, 5'6" 125lbs on a good day. So a 30" waist (which is the industry standard of "small" apparently) is just to big. Any options out there other than having clothes custom fit? I feel as though it's a bit ridiculous to purchase $250+ pants just to have custom alterations made to them. I'm open to all recommendations.

bond111

FNG
I feel your pain. 5’7” 130ish lbs. I run into the same problem and about the only specific pants I’ve seen is:

Forloh Insect Shield SolAir Lightweight pants(currently OoS)

Stone Glacier makes pants with a “Patented Contour Waist System” that a size Small ranges 29-32.

Prana Stretch Zion II slim pants come in a size 28x30. Solid colors only.

Outdoor Research has some pants that come in 28x30, and their size small ranges 29-31.5(Cirque Workpants) solid colors only.

Fjallraven makes some pants(Trousers) in 27-28(42UK sizing) 29(44UK) matched with a 30(Short) inseam or a 32(regular) inseam, but have found that you will mostly find 32(regular) inseam in a lot of their currently in stock pants.

I’ve been down the rabbit hole the past 4 days searching for this very thing. Pretty frustrating that us slim, short guys have little options. Truth be told, I was kinda close to pulling the trigger on some womens Kuiu pants just to see how they fit, and if they looked like they had a woman’s hip silhouette or not.

I personally just received in the mail today the Fjallraven Keb Agile pants in 29x32 and seemed to fit pretty darn good, and thankfully the 32 inseam didn’t feel stupid long. Maybe because they are a more tapered fit? Ended up ordering the same pair in Laurel Green-Deep Forest direct from Fjallraven, and sending back the Black version to REI.

Hope it helps you out @Specwar2006

Honyock

WKR
Not to be a smartass, but have you looked at the youth clothing? Kuiu's Youth Attack pants in large are a 28X29. My son has the same issue (small waist and shorter legs) and the Youth Large in Attacks work well for him.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Same scenario. But only 5’2” 125 myself. Establish a relationship with a good tailor. I can get pants to fit in the legs but the inseam and waist is always off. Worth the extra few bucks to have them fit perfect.

Pat253m

FNG
I’m 5’8” and run into the same problem… In the process of trying to locate a set of Stratus Bibs in a size small. Doesn’t help that Sitka sometimes makes them and I already have the pants in a size small.

OP
Specwar2006
I feel your pain. 5’7” 130ish lbs. I run into the same problem and about the only specific pants I’ve seen is:

Forloh Insect Shield SolAir Lightweight pants(currently OoS)

Stone Glacier makes pants with a “Patented Contour Waist System” that a size Small ranges 29-32.

Prana Stretch Zion II slim pants come in a size 28x30. Solid colors only.

Outdoor Research has some pants that come in 28x30, and their size small ranges 29-31.5(Cirque Workpants) solid colors only.

Fjallraven makes some pants(Trousers) in 27-28(42UK sizing) 29(44UK) matched with a 30(Short) inseam or a 32(regular) inseam, but have found that you will mostly find 32(regular) inseam in a lot of their currently in stock pants.

I’ve been down the rabbit hole the past 4 days searching for this very thing. Pretty frustrating that us slim, short guys have little options. Truth be told, I was kinda close to pulling the trigger on some womens Kuiu pants just to see how they fit, and if they looked like they had a woman’s hip silhouette or not.

I personally just received in the mail today the Fjallraven Keb Agile pants in 29x32 and seemed to fit pretty darn good, and thankfully the 32 inseam didn’t feel stupid long. Maybe because they are a more tapered fit? Ended up ordering the same pair in Laurel Green-Deep Forest direct from Fjallraven, and sending back the Black version to REI.

Hope it helps you out @Specwar2006
Thanks for the suggestions! I usually run First Lite clothing, but there's just not an offering for anything under a 30" waist, I believe (hope) they're looking to change that in the near future.