Smallest day pack you use?

bruno59

WKR
I use a kifaru apollo 1800ci and a exo k2000 for my day hunts from early archery to late season and have no problem with either for extra clothing both work great and all important you can pack out that first load with ease both great packs

easychair

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru Duplex frame, Grab it, and Guide lid.
attach what Pouches I might need, always use the Nalgene pocket

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Badlands SuperDay here, sometimes more then I need but it goes with me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming you’ll want to pack an animal out with it, I prefer a 4-5k ci, and definitely would not go under 2500. I packed a bull out this year with the muskeg 2800 and that first load with all of my gear was kinda a nightmare. Just figuring out where to strap things securely and getting the meat stuffed in. I would have been much better off with a 4-5000 ci bag that compressed well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
C295A2BF-0DE1-4598-99EC-F7DB44923299.jpegA44F8743-895C-4604-ACB6-AFDF4A58F9D6.jpegD182AF06-EEA0-4E22-9256-3B6EC8279E41.pngPicked up the kuiu venture 2300 last September to run after my back surgery to keep things light. Used it elk and deer hunting and now shed hunting. Well designed little pack.

efnm

WKR
I'm really digging the kuiu ultra 2200. It carried everything I needed for cold day hunts and then hauled meat very well.

I use my KU5200. It cinches down as small as any daypack, but carries a load out that no day pack could. Weighs less than just about any daypack too. Being able to carry that first load out right away is huge.

Beat me to it. I have the 1850 bag but I never use it.

whoop

FNG
Assuming you’ll want to pack an animal out with it, I prefer a 4-5k ci, and definitely would not go under 2500. I packed a bull out this year with the muskeg 2800 and that first load with all of my gear was kinda a nightmare. Just figuring out where to strap things securely and getting the meat stuffed in. I would have been much better off with a 4-5000 ci bag that compressed well.

Did you pack in with the meat shelf loaded with gear?

Mine gets bigger depending on how far I am going, if I need to haul meet and as season gets later. I have a small 20 liter that is about the smallest I use. I will double that to a 40-50 liter pack later in the year to hold layers of extra clothes.

My favorite daypack is a pop out 28. It works but it gets a little small late in the year. I like it but if they had a 40 litter bag I would buy it.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you pack in with the meat shelf loaded with gear?

No I didn’t use the meat shelf. I’m not a fan of the meat shelf if there’s a lot of weight inside the main bag. There would have been a lot of weight in the bag sticking backwards so I didn’t use it.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Kifaru Cavern. 11 compression straps with Velcro web keepers means it is the accordion of packs.

EmperorMA

WKR
I’ve used an Osprey Raptor 10 hunting early season Pronghorn in Montana and Blacktails in California where I knew I could get the truck close enough for a drag out. It was very enlightening.

Normally, I like a pack of 1800-2200 cu in to handle anything that might come up.

7Bartman

WKR
I run a Cabela's Elite Scout pack. It's been a good daypack for me. I can even strap my bow to it when needed. I really like the mesh that keeps the pack off your back so you don't get all sweaty. Not much of a meat hauler, but works good for my food, a kill kit, treking poles, and my 40 cal (strapped the the waist belt)