Smoking deal for a chamber sealer

Had to pass this deal on, especially if you are on the fence about chamber sealers, this is the deal to push you over

I have 2 chamber sealers and still couldn’t pass this deal, and will likely do most of the work now, sick little unit, especially for the price

Had to pass this deal on, especially if you are on the fence about chamber sealers, this is the deal to push you over

I have 2 chamber sealers and still couldn’t pass this deal, and will likely do most of the work now, sick little unit, especially for the price

This is a good deal, especially with an oil piston pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is this something I should really consider picking up if I don't have any vac sealer? I'm trying to think of what I'd do with it, both daily life and hunting.

The Guide

WKR
Is this something I should really consider picking up if I don't have any vac sealer? I'm trying to think of what I'd do with it, both daily life and hunting.
Guess it depends on your life style. We hunt, we fish, we buy food in bulk (buy an 16 pound ribeye primal for $80 and you have $5/pound ribeyes), and do frozen meal prep when things are on sale (diced chicken, chicken strips, and the like when boneless skinless is on sale for $0.99 a pound) to make life easier. I know now that I've got a chamber vac I'd never go back to the old style sealer again.

Jay

BBob

WKR
The VP215's are $849 right now on Amazon with a $50 coupon and prime shipping
Well damn! How many actually use the added depth (5" instead of 3" in the VP95) and the slightly larger bag capacity of the VP215?? I've been on the fence for a long time as to which model to buy. I'd really like a chamber vac but which one? I'm betting the VP95 would probably do me fine but the just in case guy in me is lobbying for the larger one.

Anybody think (or have used) the marinate feature of the VP95 is useful? I suppose you could do it manually on the larger units running multiple cycles but you'd be tied to the machine for a bit while doing it.

Well damn! How many actually use the added depth (5" instead of 3" in the VP95) and the slightly larger bag capacity of the VP215?? I've been on the fence for a long time as to which model to buy. I'd really like a chamber vac but which one? I'm betting the VP95 would probably do me fine but the just in case guy in me is lobbying for the larger one.
I’m sitting here wondering the same thing. For half the weight and quite a bit smaller size the VP 95 seems like a really good unit. The VP 215. Seems like it has the benefit of being able to do smaller mason jars and larger roasts.

And then I also wonder if these units are worth it over the LEM unit at Costco for 600 bucks?

Tod osier

WKR

Anybody think (or have used) the marinate feature of the VP95 is useful? I suppose you could do it manually on the larger units running multiple cycles but you'd be tied to the machine for a bit while doing it.

I have a vp215 and love it. For the price I think I'd try the vp95. I feel like I could get by with the constraints of bag size and chamber size for much of my stuff (I'd always prefer a larger chamber, though :) ). My concern would be the pump size and quality. I'd call them and talk to them were I considering. They are good to talk to.

I use the added height on my VP230 for big roasts, but for the price, would have been plenty happy with the smaller capacity of the VP95. Extra depth is also nice when getting bags of liquids sealed up (leftover soup, stew, broth, etc), but it looks like the VP95 is deep enough. I doubt the marinate feature would see much use for me when I could simply vacuum seal the food for marinating.

I killed my old air-cooled VP212 processing three deer in an afternoon and am glad to have the oil-cooled motor now.

I called and asked about the differences between the units, and was told that the VP 95 is essentially a homeowner unit and is going to be too small for many of the meat sizes on an animal, and that the 215 to be a better fit for hunting applications. The VP 95 is good if you’re going to Costco and get a Clock food and want to save Some things. They are both oiled pumps but he said that the VP 95 has a plastic parts on it that will wear out that are metal on the VP215, at the VP215 is really more like a mini commercial unit and is the standard to go by.

The 95 has preset buttons on it and is not adjustable, the 215 has control over each portion of the process. The 215 also starts in cycle as soon as the lid is closed.

Tod osier

WKR
I called and asked about the differences between the units, and was told that the VP 95 is essentially a homeowner unit and is going to be too small for many of the meat sizes on an animal, and that the 215 to be a better fit for hunting applications. The VP 95 is good if you’re going to Costco and get a Clock food and want to save Some things. They are both oiled pumps but he said that the VP 95 has a plastic parts on it that will wear out that are metal on the VP215, at the VP215 is really more like a mini commercial unit and is the standard to go by.

The 95 has preset buttons on it and is not adjustable, the 215 has control over each portion of the process. The 215 also starts in cycle as soon as the lid is closed.

I have a VP215 and a VP112, the VP112 is discontinued, but it was also a homeowner unit. It seemed like the pump wasn't strong enough at times (most usually it produced a solid vacuum and was good, but there were times it gave me trouble). I went with the VP215 due to the inconsistency in the VP112. I tell that as a cautionary tale given the VP 95 is a "homeowner" unit. I'd be ahead if I just went big the first time. Just to make it clear, the VP112 was always better than a suck vac.

OP
roosiebull
@roosiebull Since you have multiples any thoughts as to our dilemma? @The Guide Same? Thoughts?
The 215 is never a bad idea, if I could only have one, that would be it. I would rather have the vp95 over the LEM from Costco, I have the LEM and like it, but I like the features and reliability of the vacmaster.

The vp95 has limitations, but it does most things, and is night and day better than any sucker sealer, and way more versatile and useful, and no headache like sucking liquid in and not sealing, getting warm and sealing sloppy, or timing out doing production, etc

I assume the vp95 will not be as fast as the 215, but could be wrong. If you don’t mind the bulk or price, I would suggest the 215… if you want to upgrade from a sucker sealer but can’t stomach the cost of the 215, the vp95 will still be a great investment that will get used constantly, and will make vacuum sealing way better.

If you are on the fence between the two, you will not regret the 215, but if you just want to upgrade from a sucker, and have a handy countertop kickass unit, the vp95 is way better than not having a chamber sealer.

Just the bag cost alone makes things pencil out over time, and for me, I couldn’t get any life out of the sucker style sealers and they were always a pain in the ass… I’m not going to freeze stuff before I vac pack it, and with some things, if you don’t, it’s a crap show… even deer and elk would be a pain trying to dry steaks enough to not suck liquid in the seal bar, and have a mess at the end where the liquid ends up, etc

Chamber sealers rock, and vacmaster is a solid unit, from there, it comes down to what is most useful to you. If you are considering the 215, go that route, you will love it

I have a VP215 and a VP112, the VP112 is discontinued, but it was also a homeowner unit. It seemed like the pump wasn't strong enough at times (most usually it produced a solid vacuum and was good, but there were times it gave me trouble). I went with the VP215 due to the inconsistency in the VP112. I tell that as a cautionary tale given the VP 95 is a "homeowner" unit. I'd be ahead if I just went big the first time. Just to make it clear, the VP112 was always better than a suck vac.

I had a VP112 before my VP215 as well. Just as you said the VP112 was better than any clamshell style I had used but it is definitely inferior when compared to the VP215. The VP215 is quieter, faster, easier to use and pulls more vacuum than the VP112.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BBob

WKR
FYI for those considering a chamber vac. I have the VP215 in hand. The max sized 10x13 bags aren’t going to do very large roasts. Some things will have to be cut into smaller portions than I had anticipated. It’ll work for most of what I wanted to do though. The VP230 is a pretty good jump in price (~$450 compared to Amazon VP215 deal) but a good jump in bag size. Always the dilemma of do I go bigger and how much will I actually use it for that??? :)

Edit/update: The VP215 with 10x15 bags will do the roast size I need. I don’t know why they list the 10x13 as maximum. When you load up a 10x15 it fits fine and will hold a good portioned roast or a lot of other stuff. I would have liked to have had the 230 but in reality the 215 is going to do great and pretty much all I need to do.

Last edited: