Smoking deal for a chamber sealer

Read1t48

WKR
Like this or is there a difference between retort and mylar bags? Not my video, never tried this.

Hey, thanks. Retort bags are used in lieu of canning jars. They have a much longer shelflife. Mylar bags are typically reserved for dehydrated or freeze dried foods. Retort bags are the type of bags you see when you buy the tuna packs in the store or think of an MRE bag.

@roosiebull …. do you know if the LEM Vac Max 500 and the VP215 will do retort bags?
The rep I spoke with at vacmaster said they only have one machine rated for retorts and it wasn’t the 215, he didn’t specify which one it was. I think he said it might be able to do it but only one of their machines is rated for that thickness.

Hey, thanks. Retort bags are used in lieu of canning jars. They have a much longer shelflife. Mylar bags are typically reserved for dehydrated or freeze dried foods. Retort bags are the type of bags you see when you buy the tuna packs in the store or think of an MRE bag.
Cool, thanks for the education!

TFrank

WKR
My 95 came today. Should fit most of my uses nicely. The little guy is SWEET.

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Why wouldn’t y’all consider the MEAT brand ? It’s 30% off $800 it’s 1.5 hp oiled pump. Here are the dimensions
1bb1d92182370f855356361c096d416a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tod osier

WKR
Why wouldn’t y’all consider the MEAT brand ? It’s 30% off $800 it’s 1.5 hp oiled pump. Here are the dimensions
1bb1d92182370f855356361c096d416a.jpg

I didn't/wouldn't consider it because Vacmaster has a long time reputation that they don't. Vacmaster offers excellent technical support and a lot of parts are available, I expect they will be around a long time and will be there to offer support if my unit ever gets tired and needs something.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
The rep I spoke with at vacmaster said they only have one machine rated for retorts and it wasn’t the 215, he didn’t specify which one it was. I think he said it might be able to do it but only one of their machines is rated for that thickness.
I have to call BS on this one. When I bought mine, that was a key selling point that it is retort capable.

I just ordered a 1.5HP grinder from MEAT! and the throat/grinder housing piece had damage to the threads. With food grade stainless steel I didn't want something that would eventually pit and wear out.

I emailed customer service. Crickets. After a week I called and spoke to some louse that didn't want to warranty it butt I made him. He said two weeks before they get the part.

Three weeks later I call back and a decent guy answered, told me the louse didn't in fact do anything. Says he will order a unit to his place and salvage the part fort me. Beefy unit. Hopefully it works as advertised...

But yeah, not thrilled on MEAT! Brand so far.

I have to call BS on this one. When I bought mine, that was a key selling point that it is retort capable.
It’s what I was told. I talked with them about the 95 and the 215 at length. They said they only spec one unit for retorts. Maybe they changed their rating since you ordered?

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
1.5 hp pump on the meat vs 1/5 on the vac master 215 don’t make a lot of sense on vac master if your just comparing stats. Idk I want one but would like the best bang for my buck and 25% off 800$ seems pretty reasonable

Tod osier

WKR
1.5 hp pump on the meat vs 1/5 on the vac master 215 don’t make a lot of sense on vac master if your just comparing stats. Idk I want one but would like the best bang for my buck and 25% off 800$ seems pretty reasonable

No it don't make much sense... Did you consider the range of reasons that there is a price difference and a difference in stats??

ephul

FNG
Any smoking deals on vacuum chamber sealers for Black Friday anyone is aware of?! I desperately need one.

I just bought a JVR chamber sealer. They are expensive, but these guys are vacuum pump experts. And every part of the sealer is available should things go wrong.

I just bought a JVR chamber sealer. They are expensive, but these guys are vacuum pump experts. And every part of the sealer is available should things go wrong.
Just came across the JVR sealer brand. Looking at the 110 from them or waiting on a deal to pop for the VP215.

Have you used yours yet?