Smoking deal for a chamber sealer

I just bought a JVR chamber sealer. They are expensive, but these guys are vacuum pump experts. And every part of the sealer is available should things go wrong.
Just came across the JVR sealer brand. Looking at the 110 from them or waiting on a deal to pop for the VP215.

Have you used yours yet?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member

Had to pass this deal on, especially if you are on the fence about chamber sealers, this is the deal to push you over

I have 2 chamber sealers and still couldn’t pass this deal, and will likely do most of the work now, sick little unit, especially for the price
Thank you Sir-grabbed one and it is incredibly better than my el cheapo first one.

Well worth the money

I just bought a JVR chamber sealer. They are expensive, but these guys are vacuum pump experts. And every part of the sealer is available should things go wrong.
Just came across the JVR sealer brand. Looking at the 110 from them or waiting on a deal to pop for the VP215.

Have you used yours yet?

OP
roosiebull

Have you used yours yet?
A bunch, done a couple deer, several salmon, bunch of rockfish and lingcod, some bait, marinated some tritip… I use my chamber sealers several times a week most weeks

If I just had to have one, it would be the 215, but the little 95 has been as handy as I imagined, and all I’ve used since I got it

@Team4LongGun,
Good deal, they are awesome… it’s hard to explain to people without sounding like I’m selling them, haha

Chamber sealers are awesome, if someone could be around one for awhile they’d understand, but if not, it’s hard for people to appreciate what they offer

Long term, they are cheaper if you use them a lot, both in bags and longevity. I could never go back

Last edited:

ephul

FNG

Have you used yours yet?

Yep, have used it a bunch. I got the JVR 100.

Works great. It's a little more "low profile" while still maintaining a pretty big chamber. I love it. Froze chili, ground deer, deer bologna, pineapple and 100-200 of breaded chicken strips.

Like the guy above said.... Once you go to a chamber sealer, it's hard to imagine going back. It's not even in the same ballpark as a regular sealer. I had a Weston 2100 (a commercial unit) before, and I have no use for it. Never will. There may be the occasion where a guy wants to vacuum pack a whole rack of ribs or brisket or something, but that guy ain't me. If I buy that stuff, it's staying in the seal it came in.

Yep, have used it a bunch. I got the JVR 100.

Works great. It's a little more "low profile" while still maintaining a pretty big chamber. I love it. Froze chili, ground deer, deer bologna, pineapple and 100-200 of breaded chicken strips.

Like the guy above said.... Once you go to a chamber sealer, it's hard to imagine going back. It's not even in the same ballpark as a regular sealer. I had a Weston 2100 (a commercial unit) before, and I have no use for it. Never will. There may be the occasion where a guy wants to vacuum pack a whole rack of ribs or brisket or something, but that guy ain't me. If I buy that stuff, it's staying in the seal it came in.
Curious what bag sizes you find the most useful for the chamber sealers, and where do you like to purchase them from?

ephul

FNG
Curious what bag sizes you find the most useful for the chamber sealers, and where do you like to purchase them from?
I bought a bag sample kit from JVR. So far, I've used the 6" x 12" (for sandwich deer bologna), and 8" x 12" and 10" x 12" for chili and chicken tenders.

I'm a big fan of bigger bags. My skinnier bags for sandwich balogna was tough to get in the bags without getting cheese and stuff all over the bag. I'll happily sacrifice a little bit of bag for ease of filling them.

I haven't shopped for bags much yet, so not sure who has them cheapest.

Also, not sure if it applies to you, but I think JVR is one of the few that can seal Mylar bags.

Just bought the MYM oil-less chamber sealer. I'll use it a fair amount, but not near as much as others on this forum. Hopefully it holds up. Pretty good deal on them right now.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I picked up a vacmaster 230 before the season. It’s unbelievable. One of my favorite hunting related purchases in a long time. I’ve almost gone through 100 of the 6x12 bags so far. They’re perfect for 1lb of burger but the 6” opening is a little annoying getting the meat in.

TxLite

WKR
How is the sealing feature on these? I have a food saver and the vacuum portion is ‘acceptable’ but I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to get it to seal properly with raw meat. It just pulls the moisture up to the seal strip and doesn’t get hot enough to make the seal. I’ve been eyeing chamber sealers for a while now

The Guide

WKR
I picked up a vacmaster 230 before the season. It’s unbelievable. One of my favorite hunting related purchases in a long time. I’ve almost gone through 100 of the 6x12 bags so far. They’re perfect for 1lb of burger but the 6” opening is a little annoying getting the meat in.
Use a canning funnel to fill those little bags. Keeps the sealing area clean and works faster.

Jay

Ucsdryder

WKR
Use a canning funnel to fill those little bags. Keeps the sealing area clean and works faster.

Jay
Link or picture? I was thinking about finding something that’s just a little smaller diameter but couldn’t figure out what to use.

The Guide

WKR
How is the sealing feature on these? I have a food saver and the vacuum portion is ‘acceptable’ but I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to get it to seal properly with raw meat. It just pulls the moisture up to the seal strip and doesn’t get hot enough to make the seal. I’ve been eyeing chamber sealers for a while now
1000% better than a bag sealer. The vaccum is pulled on the entire chamber not just the bag so there is no fluid movement. You can seal liquid like soup without freezing it. As long as the bag sealing area is clean when you put the bag in the chamber, you'll see great seals.

Jay

The Guide

WKR
Link or picture? I was thinking about finding something that’s just a little smaller diameter but couldn’t figure out what to use.

This one is on Amazon. You can probably find one local at somewhere that sells canning supplies. Roll a cuff on the top of the bag, insert the funnel, and stuff your desired amount of meat in the bag. Sealing surface is kept clean and bags are ready to seal without further prep work.

Jay

Is VEVOR brand any good? 1/3 of price of others it seems, reviews are fine. Curious what others here think.
I purchased a vevor chamber sealer. It’s fully made in China, just like the vacmaster.
The vevor is built solid and uses a lot of the same components as vacmaster. I wouldn’t be surprised if made in same factory. It’s not like vacmaster owns a factory LOL.

I processed 500# of albacore tuna in retort bags. It was a lot of pressure canning and vac sealing. The vevor has held up great. The heat bar is burly enough to seal the retort bags.

Vevor shipped the sealer to me in about 3-days for free and I was well under $300 for the system.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear. Waiting for the VEVOR to come back in stock and I’ll pull the trigger at almost 1/3 the price.

Grumman

WKR
The VP215s are $798 on Vacmasters Black Friday deals. After hours of analysis paralysis I ordered one. My old Cabela’s non chamber sealer caused me to lose some meat last year. I’m gonna try to be disciplined and use this for meal prep and buying bulk meats on sale and get some payback on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
The VP215s are $798 on Vacmasters Black Friday deals. After hours of analysis paralysis I ordered one. My old Cabela’s non chamber sealer caused me to lose some meat last year. I’m gonna try to be disciplined and use this for meal prep and buying bulk meats on sale and get some payback on it.
I think you'll be happy you did. After years of not buying one I bought a 215 about a month ago give or take. I use it almost everyday. Never figured I'd get that much use out of one but I am. Bags are cheap enough I don't sweat using one instead of a Ziploc for some things. I bought longer bags and I can wash and reuse them until they get too short. I've marinated a bunch of meat so far and that's working well. Faster and deeper marinade penetration. I was worried the 215 wouldn't be big enough for some cuts but so far no issue there. Buy some 10x15 bags and you can get some pretty big thick roasts in it. They say 10x13 is max but the 15 works better for larger thicker cuts. Thanks @Tod osier for that tip ;)

Last edited:

Grumman

WKR
Thanks I can’t wait to get it.

On Amazon the VP95 is $549 from Ary now which is less than their Black Friday deal on their own website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk