SO tipi struggling with the lack of a floor

West cascades

I hunt the same area, and I’m going to be getting a liner. The condensation wasn’t bad, but it also was very wet outside the times I used it here this year. Used it in WY and had no problems, but it’s a lot dryer there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR
Back to the OP’s question of keeping dirt out... I run a borah gear bivy in my tipi, and no ground sheet beneath that. Put your sleeping bag and pad in the bivy, and zip it up when you’re away. Keeps bugs and dirt out... also waterproof so a little moisture never hurt it. If you have too much condensation, try a higher pitch to allow airflow, or set up on a drier spot. Ive camped in a sierra cement blizzard with zero issues and stayed toasty warm and dry in 0* weather. Let the guy with the tent floor freeze while we enjoy a hot stove and 70* inside the tipi.

Voyageur

WKR
Back to the OP’s question of keeping dirt out... I run a borah gear bivy in my tipi, and no ground sheet beneath that. Put your sleeping bag and pad in the bivy, and zip it up when you’re away. Keeps bugs and dirt out... also waterproof so a little moisture never hurt it. If you have too much condensation, try a higher pitch to allow airflow, or set up on a drier spot. Ive camped in a sierra cement blizzard with zero issues and stayed toasty warm and dry in 0* weather. Let the guy with the tent floor freeze while we enjoy a hot stove and 70* inside the tipi.
Slightly off topic here, but have a question regarding your Borah bivy. I'm considering one and am wondering if your BG bivy is waterproof or water resistant? Thanks.

Moserkr

WKR
Slightly off topic here, but have a question regarding your Borah bivy. I'm considering one and am wondering if your BG bivy is waterproof or water resistant? Thanks.
Being silnylon, id consider it highly water resistant. Its treated on the outside and built with the same material as any “waterproof” tent... I would not use it outside of a tipi as a standalone bivy in any kind of wet weather though, unless it was an emergency. Im sure you could and people do, but i choose not to. I purchased it before borah started making bivys out of dcf. I would consider those actually waterproof due to the material used. My plan is to upgrade one day to the dcf version. Very happy with my borah bivy though, i have set up on wet ground and had condensation on it all night while staying perfectly dry inside.