So what was it if not Squatch?

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Its fun to have discussions and in some cases make jokes, etc. Its all good. All fun and games until you have an experience with one and it scares the ever loving $hit out of you. Its impossible to sleep once you hear that howl, grunt, thump, or rock thrown at you.

To the OP, definitely sounds like a squatch.

Moserkr

WKR
Ive heard obvious “wood knocks”. Also heard multiple loud ape like calls from opposite sides of lake shasta talking to each other - listened for an hour. I know a guy who swears he and his dad saw one stand up in a meadow they had been watching for hours and just meander off. I like the idea that they exist and see how its possible.

But I just dont buy it. No bodies, dna, scat, etc. Even my experiences, although I cant explain them, could be explained by someone who knows better.

Only thing that always makes me question it though is native american and pioneer stories. Many tribes had a word for them. But no fossils so…. Nope.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I can see there being things out there we just don't know about. Including large things. However, there is far too much interest in squatch, with far too many people hunting for proof, for far too long for me to believe it.

Donjuan

WKR
The reason we don't find bodies or DNA is because Sasquatch is running recon for an alien race. They beam him up when he is finished with his job. Or dead

Rokwiia

WKR
But no fossils so…. Nope.
Chimpanzees have been around for approximately 5 million years. The first fossilized remains of a chimpanzee weren't discovered until September 2004 when Dr. Nina Jablonski identified a few teeth found in the Rift Valley by Sally McBrearty. None had ever been found before that.

If sasquatches number only in the thousands, it would be a miracle to find any fossilized remains.

Last edited:

Moserkr

WKR
Chimpanzees have been around for approximately 5 million years. The first fossilized remains of a chimpanzee weren't discovered until September 2004 when Dr. Nina Jablonski identified a few teeth found in the Rift Valley by Sally McBrearty. None had ever been found before that.

If sasquatches number only in the thousands, it would be a miracle to find any fossilized remains.
Interesting, i did not know that. I do know that gorillas were not oficially recognized until the mid 80s when large groups were discovered in the jungles of Africa. Thats why I only remain extremely skeptical.

I can why its possible - theres enough food. Scattered breeding populations could stay viable with 4000 squatches according to the squatch folk. People rarely venture off trail in remote areas. Those who do still only scratch the surface of the most remote areas - im in that category and im out there dawn to dusk looking for life. Im also in the ill believe it when i see it category. IF squatches were real they would likely be the next most intelligent being on earth…

I'd suggest trying the new strain of OG Squatch Kush next time you're out in the sticks. If you burn a little before bedtime Squatch will stop by for a nite cap and you can prove he's real. Just be ready to sleep through anything once you spark it up.

ODB

WKR
Its fun to have discussions and in some cases make jokes, etc. Its all good. All fun and games until you have an experience with one and it scares the ever loving $hit out of you. Its impossible to sleep once you hear that howl, grunt, thump, or rock thrown at you.

To the OP, definitely sounds like a squatch.

I agree with this sentiment. I don’t know if Bigfoot is real, but I know for a fact that human arrogance struggles with there being things out there that are yet to be explained. In this day and age we are compelled to believe people when they feel something, but not when they see it. The feeling is true, but the eyes are always playing tricks.

and yes, I’ve heard “wood knocks” and a set of screams right at Mt. St. Helens. The only other person in the valley was north of me, sounds were south.

OP
B

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have found that there are generally two types of mind sets regarding Bigfoot. One is open to the idea that there could be an undiscovered primate that is smarter than us and can pretty much avoid detection. The other mindset is welded closed. There can be nothing that can be known to man that is undiscovered. There is no way a giant ape could live in the forest undiscovered. They will laugh you to scorn. They think you're a fool, until they experience it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have found that there are generally two types of mind sets regarding Bigfoot. One is open to the idea that there could be an undiscovered primate that is smarter than us and can pretty much avoid detection. The other mindset is welded closed. There can be nothing that can be known to man that is undiscovered. There is no way a giant ape could live in the forest undiscovered. They will laugh you to scorn. They think you're a fool, until they experience it.
I would add a third, the one that is convinced and will believe regardless of evidence. Squatch as an article of faith I do find laughable. Of course, some who believe in squatch to that extent find my Christian faith laughable. So we can laugh at each other and it is a win, win as laughing is good for ones health (unless you have broken ribs, then it bloody hurts).

Last edited:
Well I guess I should apologize. . .
#1. I did have that mountain House scramble and thought your poop spot looked good so I dropped a duce right beside yours and my dog rolled around in it a bit so I had to use some of my water to try to wash that horrid smell off. Totally my Bad!

#2. That was me again whooping. I had just won $10 on a scratch off ticket and Was pretty excited for that 6 pack I was going to buy when I hit town. . . Damnedest thing, forgot all about buying that ticket till I got out in the woods, hiked a bit and was dog tired thinking I needed a beer, reached in my pocket and won $10! Who wouldn't whop for joy. Now I've got solid lung capacity so my whoops can boom a bit, i do apologize for scaring you though.

#3. I mean do we really have to get into this??? First of all you parked like an a**hole AND ran you generator. I mean why are you even in the woods if you need to watch TV. So I tipped a boulder off of a small ledge to get your attention. I yelled to turn your crap off but obviously you couldn't hear me over that generator. (Never heard of quiet generators?). Anywho I saw you appeared to be a bit wound up so I grabbed me a fist sized rock and let fly. Maybe the funniest thing I ever saw seeing you go all "terrified Rambo" sprinting for your truck gun in hand barely even noticing your surroundings. If you would have paused you could have heard the laughter! A 6 year old could have kicked my ass at that point I was laughing so hard on the ground!

Again I'm real sorry, but to be honest you had that last one coming.

Yours truly,

"The real slim Squatch"