Solo elk trip in a Toyota tacoma

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
I rented a Tacoma for my Arizona elk hunt. And I easily fit a quartered out Bull and my gear in the bed. Taco’s are great trucks, the newer ones get around 23mpg and can handle some rough trails

Pack like it is a sheep hunt and you have a 50 pound limit. We bring too much stuff on hunts because we have the space.

Used to hunt out of my 2 door Wrangler and was fine. Got a bigger vehicle which led to bringing more stuff that had zero direct impact on my hunting success. Have an even bigger vehicle now for hunting and nothing has changed.

If you have a tonneau big racks get awkward though!

ab40c3e4c44c55bcd5dac71cf78bf128.jpg

7b2aff1e33f8e4e255494766325face9.jpg

e8aebad782b8a755ada199622a4b8487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I speak for the masses: everyone wants a problem like this.

Week long trip buddy and my son. 6ft bed with base camp gea

Attachments

• IMG_7590.jpeg
    IMG_7590.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 60

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I fit two caribou, all my gear, all my buddies gear, and his 70 pound dog in my short bed double cab 3rd gen Tacoma (1 week trip). Granted, I have a bed cap with a rack on it. But, I don't think you will have an issue.

Two coolers, meat on ice.

Grizzly 165 qt cooler is awesome for a short bed.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Easily. I do it every year and sleep in the back with the tailgate down half the time. If it won't fit you are bringing too much stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I couldn't, but one of my elk coolers is 57"x22" and I always take two coolers, so hardly any room for anything else with that small of a bed. And if I'm taking my full wall tent base camp, my 8' bed F-350 with shell can hold it all, but then there's no room for the head/rack.

If I minimized everything and only brought my pack with camp in it and the small cooler, I could make it work. But I do like my comfort for elk season.

EdP

WKR
You said solo so you have the back seat and the entire front passenger seat too. Stack it to the ceiling if you have to. Just don't leave the antlers out overnight at a hotel. Lots of stories about them being stolen. In fact, I would cable lock it down even while on the road to make sure it is still there after rest stops.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I put most of my gear (besides my tent and stuff I use daily) inside my 2- 150qt coolers in the bed. If I shoot something then i play tetris in the cab and stack stuff for the ride home. If someone is with me I usually have a hitch hauler and put a cooler & camp chairs on that. But the last several years I have really tried to limit how much crap I bring. Less stuff, the less complicated at least, more time hunting... in my brain....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk