Someone with Montana spring bear experience?

Kinda between Idaho and Montana, drive is similar and tag prices are as well.

Did some searching, have done some escouting, but now I have some more specific questions(as in, I have some areas earmarked on the maps) I'd love to run by some folks with experience.

If theres anyone here with experience hunting around the Missoula area and wouldn't mind answering some questions, I'd really appreciate it. Shoot me a PM if so.

Thanks in advance!

FLAK

WKR
My son and I did trip out of Bozeman last spring, lots of elk and muleys but only saw one Bear over on Turners ranch.
Was a cool trip but wouldn't be back in that area for bear.

OP
J
Just I’ve the border in ID you could get two tags for about half the cost of a MT tag

As far as my calculations... by the time you buy the $154 ID hunting license, $10 access, and $186 bear tag you're at $350.75 vs. $350 bear tag, $15 hunting license and $10 conservation for a total of $375 for Montana.

OP
J
My son and I did trip out of Bozeman last spring, lots of elk and muleys but only saw one Bear over on Turners ranch.
Was a cool trip but wouldn't be back in that area for bear.

Daphne?? I grew up in Saraland!

In any case, thanks for the heads up. I don't think I'll be going that far east, if I end up in Montana Ill be sticking further west.

OP
J
HA!!!, I inspect lumber a couple times a week in Saraland.

Even funnier, I'm from Saraland and I'm married to a Sarah.

I miss my friends from there, but I cant say I miss the weather and humidity. The Daphne/Fairhope area was always nice, when I lived down there before I decided to get out I always figured I'd settle down around there.

FLAK

WKR
No lie, the Summers are brutal down here. But I spent 16 years in
Central Florida (the hub of hell) so that keeps it in perspective.

sneaky

"DADDY"
As far as my calculations... by the time you buy the $154 ID hunting license, $10 access, and $186 bear tag you're at $350.75 vs. $350 bear tag, $15 hunting license and $10 conservation for a total of $375 for Montana.
Maybe so, but you can buy a second tag in Idaho. Also, depending on which units you look at you can buy tags in some Idaho zones for $41.75/ea and get two of them. I have zero problems with people coming to Idaho to shoot predators of any type.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk