Something is not right.

Taudisio

WKR
I bought a box of ammo from somewhere online that I can not remember where from as it was a few months ago. It is a box of sig Sauer elite hunter 308, 165 grains. Trying a few different types to see what a new gun likes. I opened the box today to see what they look like. They are definitely not the same ammo in the box, I’ll attach a few photos. Im 99% sure they are reloads, someone’s fingerprint on every one, the crimp, and they appear to be Sierra tipped either game king or match king. The factory ammo is nickel plated brass, and black coated bullet with a yellow tip. These are opaque green leading to my sierra bullet assumption and I don’t know if sig uses this crimp on their factory stuff. Question for everyone in the reload section, do I pull them apart to see exactly what they are, toss them, or just “ef it” and shoot them anyway. I am heavily leaning towards just tossing them (I got them for $25 for the box which should have been a red flag). I just want to hear everyone’s thoughts. Never had this happen before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 159
OP
Taudisio

Taudisio

WKR
I thought that was possible. I went onto sigs website. I couldn’t find any of their stuff with green plastic tips. It did have a notice saying they were not nickel plating any brass due to importation of materials or something

MTtrout

WKR
I’ve never used that factory ammo but if you have reason to believe they are not original I wouldn’t shoot them. Contact the manufacturer with pics and specs to variety if it’s theirs

OP
Taudisio

Taudisio

WKR
That’s not a bad option! I’ll have to get a good mailing address. But if it blows up their gun, would I then be helping ol’ vlad out?

MD97756

FNG
You may have bought the blemished ammo they have for sale. The tip is supposed to be translucent yellow, but could’ve turned green. Call and ask if you want clarification. Sig head stamp, I’d shoot it.

OP
Taudisio

Taudisio

WKR
You may have bought the blemished ammo they have for sale. The tip is supposed to be translucent yellow, but could’ve turned green. Call and ask if you want clarification. Sig head stamp, I’d shoot it.
This may be true. Even still, why are someone’s fingerprints on every single one? I’ve touched a few of the ones on the end now, but it was easy to see. Even blend from the factory, you wouldn’t think they would be touching each one.

OP
Taudisio

Taudisio

WKR
you're good to go. that's current production sig ammo. sourcing issues on their components. it's still a sierra tipped game king, just not with the "sig" yellow tip....
Right on! Thank you for this! I’ll send them through the tube then!

SwiftShot

WKR
Someone pulled Sig ammo out of the box and swapped it with a cheaper box. Then walked to the counter and purchased it. Scummy thing to do but they do it. The online seller knew as well or they did it themselves. It will be ok ammo just not sig.

OP
Taudisio

Taudisio

WKR
Someone pulled Sig ammo out of the box and swapped it with a cheaper box. Then walked to the counter and purchased it. Scummy thing to do but they do it. The online seller knew as well or they did it themselves. It will be ok ammo just not sig.
It’s sig brass. And the post above shows the same stuff so I think it will be alright. 🤘🏻