Sore feet

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
So I went on a 17 km hike yesterday with my new stone glacier pack and it worked flawlessly but my feet started to hurt. The front pad section. My boots are hanwag Alaska GTX wide.

The symptoms I have where my feet or going numb and only the front section of my feet started to hurt making my toes going numb a bit. The rear section of my feet did not hurt at all.

Do you have any suggestions on what I may do to correct this so my feet don't hurt. The boots are fairly new use them about four or five times and I went to a foot store to get proper insoles for them

LaHunter

WKR
Some good cushion insoles could help solve this problem. Were you using the insoles that came with the boots? Usually the stock insoles are not very good. I personally use the Spenco brand and they have worked well for me

Last edited:
OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using a good pair I got from a foot store I can't remember the brand of my heart

wapitibob

WKR
You have nerves going across the top of your feet. Too thick of an insole can cause pressure in that area and lead to what you are experiencing. Been there. I ended up with lathrop insoles in my Hanwag Alaska’s; they took up less volume than what I had been using.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
You have nerves going across the top of your feet. Too thick of an insole can cause pressure in that area and lead to what you are experiencing. Been there. I ended up with lathrop insoles in my Hanwag Alaska’s; they took up less volume than what I had been using.

Do you know exactly which ones you were talking about that you purchased

tttoadman

WKR
I also deal with soreness just in the balls of my feet. I don’t have numbness anymore because I wear the proper thickness of socks for the boots I am wearing. All my boots have lace locks so I am really tight on the heel lock and laces across my foot are actually loose. I thought I needed arch supports, but have figured out a nice cushioned insole like a Sofseal is perfect for me. I think this is what I have.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Is it the whole front of the foot or just certain toes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the end of the hike it ended up being a whole front section of my foot but started off with the outside of my foot working its way in going numb

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I know this sounded kind of condescending, but if your feet aren't ready for a 10 mile hike they're gonna let you know.

True I've only been on a few shorter hikes with these boots.

At the end of the hike it ended up being a whole front section of my foot but started off with the outside of my foot working its way in going numb

Boots being to tight at forefoot causes this. Try lacing looser toward the bottom, otherwise you may need a wide size. Hanwag run a little narrow and some will compensate for this by getting a boot too big then lacing super tight.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Boots being to tight at forefoot causes this. Try lacing looser toward the bottom, otherwise you may need a wide size. Hanwag run a little narrow and some will compensate for this by getting a boot too big then lacing super tight.

My hanwag Alaska GTX are supposed to be the wide version how do you tell if they miss labeled it

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
This is the insoles that I had fitted at a foot store

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_155634.jpg
    IMG_20190714_155634.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
S

Sako79