South Dakota Website

Fatcamp

WKR
Bumping this thread. Or perhaps will just start a new one. Now that the new app has been rolled out, and some draws have happened, or in the process. What is everyones thoughts on it? I have my own, but I’m not sure what the forum rules are on strings of profanity....

It's terrible. Almost like they make it hard on purpose. Lots of older hunters will really struggle .

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Right? That’s just one of my points. Most people in my circle are hunters. Hardcore, out of state tag buying, month off at a time, miss anniversaries for seasons, know all draw stats...you get my drift. But most of all being around the same age we are tech-savy. And still struggle. I have to do all the stuff for my old man.
I can’t speak for EVERYBODY in the hunting community obviously. But everybody I know hates it. Never heard a single positive thing.

krohboy

WKR
Right? That’s just one of my points. Most people in my circle are hunters. Hardcore, out of state tag buying, month off at a time, miss anniversaries for seasons, know all draw stats...you get my drift. But most of all being around the same age we are tech-savy. And still struggle. I have to do all the stuff for my old man.
I can’t speak for EVERYBODY in the hunting community obviously. But everybody I know hates it. Never heard a single positive thing.
I must be in the minority because I have had zero problems at all with the new website. I can't even begin to figure out what the issues everyone is having are to be honest. I will say the previous version was slightly smoother but that is mostly due to being used to it if you ask me.

Fatcamp

WKR
After one choice it takes you to a payment page but then allows you to keep shopping. But if you click the "Keep shopping" tab it sends you to som obscure page with random licenses for sale, nothing to do with the limited draw you are applying for. To find that you have to go to the Home page and start over. So stupid.

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Yup that was annoying. They also don’t provide any information about anything happening. Only way anyone knew elk tag applications were delayed was emails sent out. Same with the deer. Nothing that I saw on the app. They took off the Mt Lion harvest numbers. The hunting atlas has to go through the website as compared to the map that was on the old app. And honestly if you want to find much of anything you have to go to that category and search through the whole website to find the hyperlink you needed. For being a new system, costing who knows how much, it is just complicated. I know I am ranting and some might not agree but man its just been frustrating.

They must be getting a ton of calls because I have averaged 4 hours wait on a call back list a couple times now.

KurtR

WKR
Other than buying my combo license for this year this is the first i have messed with it and got applied for my whole family with out problems. i like i can have my kid linked to my account and take care of him and see all his license.