South Dakota West River

Badland

FNG
Heading to SD to 49B during the week of Thanksgiving with the wife. Hoping we can cut back on pressure being weekdays and late in the season. Open to WT or MD. We scouted briefly in July to get an idea of the terrain so have that going for us.

Just seeing if anyone has hunted here before and any tips or suggestions they may have for us. Feel free to PM instead of on this thread.

KurtR

WKR
Heading to SD to 49B during the week of Thanksgiving with the wife. Hoping we can cut back on pressure being weekdays and late in the season. Open to WT or MD. We scouted briefly in July to get an idea of the terrain so have that going for us.

Just seeing if anyone has hunted here before and any tips or suggestions they may have for us. Feel free to PM instead of on this thread.
I have hunted 53 just north of there. The day of thanksgiving is pretty dead and the days before and after can see some people. I have heard deer numbers are down but always a chance of a big boy down there

OP
Badland

Badland

FNG
I have hunted 53 just north of there. The day of thanksgiving is pretty dead and the days before and after can see some people. I have heard deer numbers are down but always a chance of a big boy down there
Yeah found a few deer this summer when we scouted. Glad to hear the pressure wasn’t insane!

dtrkyman

WKR
I was there guiding private 2 years ago, the herd was not in great shape, not a lot of mature deer around. But plenty of future prospects so it may be quite a bit better than when I was there.

Was a struggle to find a 130" whitetail and big muley's were definitely few and far between!

Was there the two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, hunted near some public and pressure didn't seem terrible.