Spokane Area

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some first hand info on the area. Looking to "winter" in Spokane in search of a good Christian school for the kids and a good church to attend. Nice place? Crime? Nice conservative folks? We are gainfully employed in the summers in AK so will be returning N every year to continue that. We have visited several areas already in the WA area looking at schools and Spokane has recently come to our attention. Don't worry, probably won't do much hunting or fishing there so you won't have to worry about any more competition.

Vandal 44

WKR
North West Christian Academy is a really good school. There are several areas that are good to live. Mead, Mt Spokane and Nine Mile Falls are good places. Downtown Spokane is a dump, and not very many good restaurants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve lived in the Spokane area my whole life and attended private (catholic) school Pre-K through college. I’m happy to answer any questions you’d like. I love the Spokane area, but as with anywhere, there are plenty of shitty parts of town.

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
North West Christian Academy is a really good school. There are several areas that are good to live. Mead, Mt Spokane and Nine Mile Falls are good places. Downtown Spokane is a dump, and not very many good restaurants

Add colbert for a good. Downtown is getting bad due to the influx of the “homeless”, druggies and panhandlers.
I disagree about restaurants though. Most of the good ones are downtown but I will no longer take my family due to the above
Steam Plant Restaurant is all I can recommend.
I would NOT want to live there.
When did you go to the steam plant last? I always recommended it until their remodel(or whatever you’d call it) a few years back.

OP
G

Glory

Lil-Rokslider

That's good to hear, thanks. NW Christian Academy is why we are considering the area.

I'm not from there but just was working up there for a month or so.
Downtown and anywhere around the tracks/Sprague Ave looks pretty dang scummy.

Liberty lake or the Cheney/medical lake looked like the places to be.
Liberty lake looked new and cleaner/booming. That direction is the way I went for gym and the stores.

You might consider the panhandle... not far from Spokane and while CDA has a huge influx from CA and such, there’s some great country there, the state isn’t run by Seattle, and hunting is significantly better.

BTW, I moved to eastern WA almost 15 years ago and just moved my family across the country to get away last month. It’s the next California if you ask me. A great place to smoke pot and have your kindergartners learn about transgender sex tho. The homeless camps are great for people watching too.

Check out the area vibes and city data websites, good info on there. I like Spokane and eastern WA, but the PNW just ain’t for me anymore.

MattB

WKR
Quick props to a Restaurant named Clover in Spokane (just NE of the Gonzaga campus). A buddy of mine and I ate there while we were overnighting on the way from CA to BC and the food was fantastic.

FLAK

WKR
Add colbert for a good. Downtown is getting bad due to the influx of the “homeless”, druggies and panhandlers.
I disagree about restaurants though. Most of the good ones are downtown but I will no longer take my family due to the above

When did you go to the steam plant last? I always recommended it until their remodel(or whatever you’d call it) a few years back.
Thinking it must have been 3 years ago.

ODB

WKR
I like it but some of the policies regarding

I have a very good friend who worked at the DOJ there and explained to me the issue with the homeless and miscreants, and why they aren’t going any where. It’s a mess. So much so he moved away earlier this year. He loved the area and access to great hunting, but that ain’t everything.

WKR
Its gotten really trashy
And the scooters of doom....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR

Another + for NW Christian and Colbert. I know several people who have sent their kids there. They have an excellent sports program and their academics is very strong also.

OP
G

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
So other than the above, it’s a great place to live! When are you moving?
Probably next school year. We are trying to decide between Lynden Christian and NW Christian. We visited Lynden this fall and took a tour. Need to make it down to Spokane to check it out.