Sportsman’s Fluted Tikka Specs

nobody

WKR
They weigh the same according to the spec sheets. And I’m about 99% sure this one is just blued and fluted. As per usual, sportsman’s is asking way too much. You should be able to get a standard blued lite for about $100 less anywhere else.

TxxAgg

WKR
Yes they are parkerized or nitrided or something on the barrel. The action is blued

The green stock is a nice color.

KHNC

WKR
They weigh the same according to the spec sheets. And I’m about 99% sure this one is just blued and fluted. As per usual, sportsman’s is asking way too much. You should be able to get a standard blued lite for about $100 less anywhere else.
People keep posting this , but i dont see it. Not for a .223 T3x Lite anyway. Sportmans was the only game i found for a non-stainless in .223.

robtattoo

WKR
People keep posting this , but i dont see it. Not for a .223 T3x Lite anyway. Sportmans was the only game i found for a non-stainless in .223.
EuroOptic......

Shopping Cart​

icon
This order ships for $13.95
Sub Total:$699.00

Checkout
1 Item

Order it this week, slap in the rebate by month's end & get $75 back too. I'm as tight as a duck's ass in a tordano & even I couldn't pass that one up!

Gila

WKR
I was interested in the fluted for weight savings, if there is any actual weight savings.
If it is a fluted sporter barrel then it it should be several ounces lighter. The bluing on the action and barrel is very good. I don’t know anything about the parkerized rifles though. I get bead blasted SS.

ElPollo

WKR
EuroOptic......

Shopping Cart​

icon

Checkout
1 Item

Order it this week, slap in the rebate by month's end & get $75 back too. I'm as tight as a duck's ass in a tordano & even I couldn't pass that one up!
If you ever see a ruddy duck egg, it might make you change your metaphors. They are like a third the size of the duck and have a sandpaper texture. But I digress. I got the stainless version and filed my rebate today.

robtattoo

WKR
Apples to orange, since they're different bore sizes but my 6.5 fluted & .30-06 Lite both set up identically, weigh the same.
To say, the fluting takes off the same amount of weight as going from a .264 to .308 bore.
Realistically I can't see there being more than a 1oz difference.

KHNC

WKR

KHNC

WKR
EuroOptic......

Shopping Cart​

icon

Checkout
1 Item

Mine was 749.00 for the same gun from Sportmans. Could have gotten free ship to store but i didnt want to drive there and pick up, since i hate asheville.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
I was interested in the fluted for weight savings, if there is any actual weight savings.
Then get a superlite stainless. I have both superlite (fluted) and standard T3x and the weight difference is meaningless imo. I'd actually go non-fluted since it seems to heat up ever so slightly slower for range work.

That's what I thought too, but some people are saying if you submit it before Jan 31 it might still work? Tbh I'm not sure if it will work if you purchase after 12/31 so I'll consider it found money if it does.
Thanks. I’ll do some more looking. Wanting to buy 2 so a double rebate would be sweet

B23

WKR
I have a Tikka SL 300 WSM I bought from Sportsmans a couple years ago and the fluting is pretty shallow so even though it has to shave weight off the barrel because you're removing material I'd bet it's barely measurable.

I think the fluting on the Tikka SL's is purely an aesthetics thing and serves no real purpose other than for "looks".